Hi, Im brand new to the bbpearl8130. How do I install jad or jar app. I cant use the dm and browse for the file cuz it never finds it. so i tried to transfere it onto my card and then move it to the internal memory and install there. It proceeds like its installing and then I get "download failed" and "907 invalid jar" message. Is there some trick? Something else I have to download onto my ph first or how do you get it to work? A ph that is java enabled but cant download a java program. Please help and be very simple in explanation cuz Im not the best at computers, or downloading or the language. Speak to me as if I were a grade school kid. No even lower. Even grade school kids know more then me.. .LOL
    03-31-09 02:19 AM
    No sweat. Most of the jad and jar files I've seen were loaded OTA, or over the air, directly from a site or via a link someone posted. What are you trying to download?

I haven't seen any that you could load into your device memory from your madia card. I believe you can load an app on card via the Aerize application, but you can't execute the app from the card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 03-31-09 at 02:42 AM.
    03-31-09 02:38 AM
    Hope Im relying correctly. So new to this.
    Anyway, Im trying to install a program called Bloover2 which monitors the activies on my teens cell phones. The files are called bloover2.jar and bloover2.jad and bloover2.rar Im suppose to pick which file type my ph uses. how do I know which one my ph would need to use? or how to install on my bbpearl 8130 since nothing Ive tried works. I know you cant put it on the card. I just tried to move the file from my computer to the ph card and then move it from my ph card to the phones memory. It downloads the program but at the end of the download, it says "907 invalid jar". The instructions for that came with the program tell you to download it on your computers hard drive as you have to unzip it, and then move the file to your phone for installation. So how do I install this or any jar or jad or rar file and which type of file does my ph require? Im so new to the bb phones. Would be nice to know for future apps requiring jad or jar or rar
    04-01-09 04:27 AM
    How about trying to unzip your rar file and extract the files from there? There may be some installer files in there that you need. After you extract them somewhere, just use the App Loader in DM, locate it, and install.

You'll need winrar to extract rar files. Just google to search the software, it's free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 07:09 AM
    my dm will not find the app and will only display a message that says "no additional applications designed for your device were found" Here is how I try to get my dm to search for it. 1-open device application loader 2-click on browse 3- manually i find the .rar file but it is not recognized by the application loader. It only recognizes .alx or .ali files. Then I click on the down arrow for "files of type" and click "all files" then my file appears in the box ready to be chosen. However when I choose the .rar file under "all file types" then the dm comes back with the message "no additional applications designed for your device were found". I can go no further with it. I am really upset that I have a bbpearl that is suppose to be java enabled yet I can not load java files without all this problem. So what else do I need to download on my ph or what else do I need to do to be able to download files. It should not be this hard to get java application on my ph.
    04-01-09 08:41 PM
    Hope Im relying correctly. So new to this.
    Anyway, Im trying to install a program called Bloover2 which monitors the activies on my teens cell phones. The files are called bloover2.jar and bloover2.jad and bloover2.rar Im suppose to pick which file type my ph uses. how do I know which one my ph would need to use? or how to install on my bbpearl 8130 since nothing Ive tried works. I know you cant put it on the card. I just tried to move the file from my computer to the ph card and then move it from my ph card to the phones memory. It downloads the program but at the end of the download, it says "907 invalid jar". The instructions for that came with the program tell you to download it on your computers hard drive as you have to unzip it, and then move the file to your phone for installation. So how do I install this or any jar or jad or rar file and which type of file does my ph require? Im so new to the bb phones. Would be nice to know for future apps requiring jad or jar or rar
    I have had the same problem with Bloover 2 and I also get the 907 error. I had Blackberry Rim tri to help me and they said that it had to be the download was bad. I wish I could find out how to get to work. I was still charged for download. If u ever find out what it is please post.
    04-10-09 10:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD