If it can be done, how do you insert a new paragraph when doing a BlackBerry message?
    I have done a search on this site and I have yet to find an answer to this question.

If it can be done and it involves the use of the "shift" key, where is the shift key located on the Pearl 9100?

I've read lots of tips that involve the use of the shift key so, I know there is one there but, I guess it's just assumed that everyone knows which one it is.
    I thought it was the bottom right key but, that sends the message when I press it.

I'm a new BB user, as you might've guessed, and I'm still figuring things out.
    07-21-10 06:34 AM
    What exactly is a "Blackberry message?"

As far as the shift key, my manual showed me where mine are. Take a look at your manual.

It looks like aA^
    A BlackBerry message is just a message format that BlackBerry owners use to send messages back and forth to each other using their PIN numbers.
    It's a standard option with all BB'S as far as I know.
    It's free and unlimited sending messages this way.
    I have a data plan with my BB so, I'm not sure if you can do messages this way without having a data plan.

There was no "manual" as such that came with my Pearl.
    I've looked through the PDF stuff that came with the user mini CD but, I didn't see anything about how to do the paragraph thing. I'll look through it again.

I have tried the key you have suggested while doing up a message and it didn't do anything.
    07-21-10 10:41 AM
    Referring to the picture on this site, Blackberry Pearl 9100 Keyboard Leaked On The Web – SoftSailor, the Shift keys are located to the left of the 0 key and to the right of the sym key. Press and hold the shift key to enter a blank line in a BlackBerry Messenger Message.
    07-21-10 10:43 AM
    Its called a PIN message fyi.

And are you sure you're not talking a regular text message? Cause when I PIN someone, to skip a line you just press enter... A PIN message is set up just like an email so pressing enter should insert a new line instead of sending...

When in a text message, enter will send it right away (if you have it set up that way).
    07-21-10 10:52 AM
    Referring to the picture on this site, Blackberry Pearl 9100 Keyboard Leaked On The Web � SoftSailor, the Shift keys are located to the left of the 0 key and to the right of the sym key. Press and hold the shift key to enter a blank line in a BlackBerry Messenger Message.
    Just looked at the picture and, that's not the same keyboard that is on the BB Pearl 9100 that I have.
    Close but, not the same.
    I think there are two different models for the new Pearl and they each have different keyboards.
    I jus forget what the number is of the other model.
    07-21-10 10:55 AM
    So wait are you talking about a PIN message or a BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) message?
    07-21-10 10:58 AM
    Its called a PIN message fyi.

And are you sure you're not talking a regular text message? Cause when I PIN someone, to skip a line you just press enter... A PIN message is set up just like an email so pressing enter should insert a new line instead of sending...

When in a text message, enter will send it right away (if you have it set up that way).
    I think you just solved my problem.
    Turns out that I have been doing the regular text thing.
    I just assumed that I was using the PIN method because I was sending the message to another BB user and hadn't picked SMS or MMS to send the message.

Like I said, I'm new to the whole BB world!

Thanks
    07-21-10 11:06 AM
    So wait are you talking about a PIN message or a BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) message?
    OK, now you've got me confused!
    I think I was sending BB messages.
    07-21-10 11:08 AM
    07-21-10 11:09 AM
    Yes, that is the other model.
    07-21-10 11:12 AM
    LOL!

PIN Message - Using PIN numbers only, message will be displayed RED when viewing your message folder. Pressing enter will bring you down to the next line.

Text Message - Using phone numbers. Pressing enter will send the message (if you have it set up that way in your settings)

BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) message - is a chat platform. Pressing enter will send the message automatically.

When in the BBM or in text messaging, to enter a new line press the shift button once, you will see an up arrow with an "aA" displayed, then press the enter button. That will bring you to the next line.
    07-21-10 11:15 AM
    OK, now you've got me confused!
    I think I was sending BB messages.
    Just to try and clear up what I was doing regarding sending messages.
    I was going to my BB Messenger Contacts, picking the contact that I wanted to send the message to.
    Typed in the message and then sent it.
    It's when I'm doing messages that way, I'm trying to insert a paragraph.
    07-21-10 11:19 AM
    LOL!

PIN Message - Using PIN numbers only, message will be displayed RED when viewing your message folder. Pressing enter will bring you down to the next line.

Text Message - Using phone numbers. Pressing enter will send the message (if you have it set up that way in your settings)

BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) message - is a chat platform. Pressing enter will send the message automatically.

When in the BBM or in text messaging, to enter a new line press the shift button once, you will see an up arrow with an "aA" displayed, then press the enter button. That will bring you to the next line.
    Alright, now we are getting somewhere regarding BBM.
    My next question is where in the he double hockey sticks is the enter key on this key board!
    07-21-10 11:22 AM
    Just re read your reply. I now know what is the enter key. I was just associating that key with the "send" function.

Thanks for your help.
    07-21-10 11:25 AM
    Anytime.. so all is good now? Did you get the new line (paragraph) to work?
    07-21-10 11:26 AM
    Anytime.. so all is good now? Did you get the new line (paragraph) to work?
    Yes and it was so simple once you know how it's done.
    07-21-10 11:28 AM
    Had you stated "Blackberry Messenger Message" I would have known what you were asking about. Since you did not, I asked so I could possibly provide an answer.
    Sorry about that.
    As stated, I'm new to using a BB and I'm not up on all the proper terminology.

I was able to get the answer to my question.
    Thanks anyway.
    07-21-10 11:34 AM
    Cool. Yea thats how it works!
    07-21-10 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD