Hello from the great? midwest. I'm not sure if I'm imagining things or if this really happened. I seem to remember that when I first activated my phone, there was a question pertaining to whether I would like to delete the previous message if I was replying to it. Since my reply would also keep the previous texting. Does that make since? Am I imagining this? I must have answered this NO and now I have a daily mess of messages. If this was a actual question and not my imagination, how do I change the setting?

Thanks!
    02-12-08 11:42 PM
    Go to Options > SMS Text > all the way at the bottom it says Number of Previous Items.
    02-12-08 11:50 PM
    Whoa! That was a seriously fast reply! I was thinking that option meant something else. Thanks!
    02-13-08 12:10 AM
    I played with this setting today and I don't think that's what I was thinking. For example, if I have the items kept at 3 and reply to a message and they reply, etc, it only keeps the last 3 messages in the last message I reply to. But, all the other messages are still in my inbox. The initial set up that I was thinking of would automatically delete the 1st message once I replied to it leaving only my reply and whatever else was in that thread. Does anyone have their 8130 like this or remember it during initial set up? Or am I on crack? (no offense to crackberry!)

Thanks!
    02-14-08 03:01 AM
    I don't think there is a way to set up a BB to automatically delete messages. You know you can always scroll to a date, press menu, and choose delete prior, to delete a group of messages on or before a certain date.
    02-14-08 09:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD