Hi All,

I think I may have accidentally found a solution to the infinite restart loop issue, that typically occurs after a complete battery discharge.

Long story short, my berry exhibited the symptoms, and I succumbed to the fact I'd need to reload it's OS *again*.

However, for some odd reason I placed it in the dock & not only did it begin to charge immediately, but no more loop either.

When I thought about it, it all made sense - the mini/micro usb port does data & charging duties, while the electrical contacts on the base are solely for charging.

In essence, the loop is nothing more than the device attempting to form a data connection (yes, even with a wall charger) - of which it has no such choice, when using the docks & berry's electrical contacts.

Note: I've done this on a Bold 9000, Curve 8310 & Pearl 8220; I hope the mods don't mind the same topic in those forums, as I feel this might be helpful.
    Sam4CB likes this.
    03-02-11 12:24 PM
    Is this true?, Really?
    This is the Way to Fix Nuked BlackBerry!?
    03-03-11 07:19 AM
    If you're going to be a complete dimwit - do it in your own thread, buddy.

I stated: "...infinite restart loop...that typically occurs after a complete battery discharge..." - not "Nuked".

For future reference: nuked & infinite loop are two 'very' different things - get a dictionary or take some ESL classes, bud.
    Last edited by schmoozer; 03-07-11 at 08:27 AM.
    03-07-11 08:21 AM
    Hi All,

I think I may have accidentally found a solution to the infinite restart loop issue, that typically occurs after a complete battery discharge.

Long story short, my berry exhibited the symptoms, and I succumbed to the fact I'd need to reload it's OS *again*.

However, for some odd reason I placed it in the dock & not only did it begin to charge immediately, but no more loop either.

When I thought about it, it all made sense - the mini/micro usb port does data & charging duties, while the electrical contacts on the base are solely for charging.

In essence, the loop is nothing more than the device attempting to form a data connection (yes, even with a wall charger) - of which it has no such choice, when using the docks & berry's electrical contacts.

Note: I've done this on a Bold 9000, Curve 8310 & Pearl 8220; I hope the mods don't mind the same topic in those forums, as I feel this might be helpful.
    I have never experienced the infinte loop cycle but I know that many users have. Thanks for sharing your experience, it may prove helpful to another forum user.
    schmoozer#CB likes this.
    03-07-11 08:42 AM
    np. Crackberry saved my hide numerous times, just wanted to return the favour.
    03-08-11 11:34 AM
    I too appreciate the info, schmoozer.
    schmoozer#CB likes this.
    03-09-11 11:59 AM
    Hi all,

Looking for how to fix my rebooting cycle blackberry bold 9000, I see the info of schmoozer.

Please I need help, it occurs after a complete battery discharge.

the matter is i am not verry well in 'english'. And I don't understand what you mean "placing in the dock". Please may I have more details ?
    03-20-11 04:36 AM
    bumping post count
    03-20-11 09:27 AM
    Hi Sam,

This is the dock (aka charging pod) for the 8220.

I suggest you get it from amazon.com (directly) for $12 or locally if it's cheaper.

Hope this helps.

Hi all,

Looking for how to fix my rebooting cycle blackberry bold 9000, I see the info of schmoozer.

Please I need help, it occurs after a complete battery discharge.

the matter is i am not verry well in 'english'. And I don't understand what you mean "placing in the dock". Please may I have more details ?
    03-20-11 09:28 AM
    Thank you
    I will try to get one...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-11 10:24 AM
    Sam,

I just noticed that I made a mistake by showing you the 8220's dock.

Here's the Bold 9000's dock

Last edited by schmoozer; 03-20-11 at 04:14 PM.
    03-20-11 04:00 PM
    Hi,
    I get the Bold 9000's dock from one localy store. But the BB steel reloading again and again.
    I found something, when I use multimedia like (listning mp3 or watchin' video...) the BB is fixed (it don't restar) ????????????
    So What I am doin' now I let mp3 playing in loop and the volume off. I can do allthing but the battery get down into 10 hours maxi...
    03-24-11 03:26 AM
    Hi,
    I get the Bold 9000's dock from...store....BB steel reloading...
    ...when I use multimedia like (listning mp3 or watchin' video...) the BB is fixed (it don't restar) ????????????....
    Hi Sam,

Since you're able to play mp3's, etc. - I doubt you have the same problem I did.

In my case:

- I used the battery until it drained completely
    - plugged the miniusb wall charger in
    - BB kept restarting & restarting, while refusing to charge.
    - placed in dock...phone charged, as no reason to attempt data connection - unlike w/wall charger
    - no more infinite restart loops, after battery got a little power in it.

Your case sounds very very different.
    Last edited by schmoozer; 03-24-11 at 05:45 PM.
    03-24-11 05:41 PM
    Hi all

I'm also having the restart loop problem (BB Tour) and it also cannot be fixed with AppLoader, JL_Cmder, BBSAK, 101 tutorials, and whatnot... It never made past the 'black screen with clock' stage and does not show me any error messages.

I'd suspected the battery was too low to even start. But with this model there's no docking charger, that I know of. Anyone have any idea how to charge the phone without it trying to restart?
    09-24-11 03:56 PM
    Believe it or not, I purchased a 2 dollar universal charger from ebay and it solved my boot looping 9000. (Universal Mobile Cell Phone Battery Wall Travel Charger for Nokia Motorola HTC) Unfortunately I can not post the link because unless you have at least ten posts Crackberry believes that you could not possibly have anything that could be so useful to the general public.

Cheaper then the docking charger and also useful for any BB Battery.
    02-02-12 12:11 AM
    Thank you so much for this!

I was able to get my step-dad's BOLD to stop rebooting by pulling the battery, doing a power drain (holding the power button for a couple of seconds, then hitting the power button a couple of times) and then reinserting the battery and plugging back in the charger.

It appeared as if the unit was not charged enough to boot and that it might be suspending the charging while booting, causing it to die before booting up and reinitializing charging.

Thank you again, though!!

-gran
    02-17-12 04:52 PM
    Hi all

I'm also having the restart loop problem (BB Tour) and it also cannot be fixed with AppLoader, JL_Cmder, BBSAK, 101 tutorials, and whatnot... It never made past the 'black screen with clock' stage and does not show me any error messages.

I'd suspected the battery was too low to even start. But with this model there's no docking charger, that I know of. Anyone have any idea how to charge the phone without it trying to restart?
    Solved your problem yet? I have the same problems.. D:
    06-29-12 01:47 AM
    Hello, My BB is stuck on an infinate loop also. From what i gather, your saying that if a buy a 'dock' for it, this will altogether kill the loop? Thanks
    10-27-12 03:30 PM
    get another battery then navigate to your app loader from command prompt. type

"loader.exe /resettofactory"

try and see if it resolves your problem
    07-19-13 06:54 AM
    Agree that the issues are both very different but it's likely not necessary to be quite that harsh. There are lots of people out here all at varying degrees of technological competence. Expertise doesn't give you permission to be unkind.

That said, I took your advice on the reboot loop fix - Thanks.
    08-26-15 02:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD