I am trying to sync and/or move data from my outlook calendar to my pearl 8130 and even though the pearl and blackberry desktop manager 4.3 recognize ALL the items on my Outlook and seem to process them, it DOES NOT transfer them to the Pearl. I am runnung Outlook 2003 on my XP computer and have adjusted all the settings on syncing for Blackberry manager and i have plenty of memory on the Pearl, but the items do NOT appear on the Pearl.

This all started when my pearl memory leaked too low and without my knowing it, i lost years of items on my pearl calendar. I then went to sync from the stored items in my outlook calendar and even changed the route so it was only FROM outlook TO pearl and they still don't SHOW UP on the pearl. Man, is this frustrating. makes me want to find my palm pilot.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    03-14-08 09:40 PM
    The first sync, set the option pc----->phone, then reset the option pc<----->phone, see if that doesn't get er done.
    03-14-08 09:50 PM
    The first sync, set the option pc----->phone, then reset the option pc<----->phone, see if that doesn't get er done.
    no dice. tried that already. i looked at the database on my BB and it states i have over 5000 entries on my BB calendar, but I CANNOT see them on the BB. I scroll back in the past on my BB and they are not there, BUT with over 5000 entries listed on the BB calendar they SHOULD be there. What's up with that?!?!?!?
    03-14-08 10:25 PM
    Go to Calendar > Menu.

Do you have an option there to "Select Calendar"?
    03-14-08 10:35 PM
    I know somewhere in advanced options, there is a database size setting, and with 5000 calender entries , you're gonna have to custom super size that bad boy.
    03-14-08 10:43 PM
    Go to Calendar > Menu.

Do you have an option there to "Select Calendar"?

When in "Calendar" if I hit the blackberry button there is no choice for "select calendar". now is there also supposed to be a "menu" choice when i am in calendar and hit the blackberry button? or is your mention of the word "Menu" the same as the "blackberry button"? i'm a little confused. in calendar options there is only ONE calendar and it is listed as "Default"

btw, i went back to Blackberry desktop 4.2spwhatever and still the 5000 entries are not seen on my BB. now, from another crackberry forum thread regarding a similar issue, i DID go into options>advanced options>service book and delete one of the email addresses with CICAL listed after it. Did this maneuver screw everything up?????

also regarding having to supersize the database. i have been able to see thousands of entries in my BB in the past. this is only recent, since the memory leak erased stuff on its own. in the past i have never had to tweak any calendar database sizes ever.
    Last edited by amg61; 03-14-08 at 10:51 PM.
    03-14-08 10:48 PM
    When in "Calendar" if I hit the blackberry button there is no choice for "select calendar". now is there also supposed to be a "menu" choice when i am in calendar and hit the blackberry button? or is your mention of the word "Menu" the same as the "blackberry button"? i'm a little confused. in calendar options there is only ONE calendar and it is listed as "Default"

btw, i went back to Blackberry desktop 4.2spwhatever and still the 5000 entries are not seen on my BB. now, from another crackberry forum thread regarding a similar issue, i DID go into options>advanced options>service book and delete one of the email addresses with CICAL listed after it. Did this maneuver screw everything up?????

also regarding having to supersize the database. i have been able to see thousands of entries in my BB in the past. this is only recent, since the memory leak erased stuff on its own. in the past i have never had to tweak any calendar database sizes ever.
    Was there any calender events attached to the email address?
    03-14-08 11:01 PM

not sure. how would i know??
    03-14-08 11:20 PM

OK so i UNdeleted the CICAL account and now in calendar options, it shows my email address as the calendar choice and only 380 items. earlier, when i had deleted the CICAL account, in the calendar menu it showed "Default" as the calendar option with 5000 entries. obviously there are 380 items connected to my email address within calendar and over 5000 items connected to "Default" calendar. not sure what to do with this, but in EITHER event, most are NOT showing up in the calendar on my BB, especially OLDER items that used to be there. my BB memory is still over 14mb. wow, is this confusing.
    03-14-08 11:58 PM
    Did you do a backup before you deleted the service book? If so i'd reload it.
    Also go to options>Advanced>applications>4.? core(mine is 4.3)>BB button>modules>net_rim_bb_calen>BB button>edit default permissions>ent,
    they should all 3 read allow, custom, allow, if you actually highlight and hit enter it'll tell you the size, if your stuff is in there you ought to have a pretty big one..
    GL
    03-15-08 12:00 AM
    Did you do a backup before you deleted the service book? If so i'd reload it.
    Also go to options>Advanced>applications>4.? core(mine is 4.3)>BB button>modules>net_rim_bb_calen>BB button>edit default permissions>ent,
    they should all 3 read allow, custom, allow, if you actually highlight and hit enter it'll tell you the size, if your stuff is in there you ought to have a pretty big one..
    GL

did not do backup before deleted CICAL. but after i undeleted it, it does appear to be back in place. i don't know how to reload it any other way, and not sure if i need to.

anyway, i checked your idea above and they do read Allow, custom, allow. in the interim I went to BB desktop manager and into restore/backup and DELETED my calendar database (had two of them). then i synced with outlook, actually imported from outlook. outlook listed over 6000 entries and they were ALL processed, BUT (big but) it only wanted to ADD 298 entries to my BB and after syncing only 298 entries are listed under the calendar database. in BB desktop manager there is a database called Calendar and one called Calendar (All). both list 298 entries, despite BB DM wanting to SEND over 6000 entries. This sucks.

ALSO, before i deleted the calendar entries, the calendar database had 300 entries and the calendar (All) had over 5000 entries, but again, you could not find them ALL (just some of them) on the BB. this is truly exasperating.
    Last edited by amg61; 03-15-08 at 12:35 AM.
    03-15-08 12:29 AM
    Did you do all of the mapping in the advanced setup of DM for calender?
    03-15-08 01:50 AM
    OK, got it working !!! silly mistake. i went into configuration in BB DM and checked advanced settings under calendar and made sure it was set to "Transfer ALL scheduled items". I thought I had done that, but it reverted to the default of "Transfer only future items". So I fixed it. Now all my data is on the BB.

ANALYSIS: Now i'm trying to figure out why ALL of this happened and I have one theory. Obviously, the calendar on my BB had become a corrupted database and nothing would work until I went into the backup and restore setup in DM and erased the calendar database entirely, then went back into synchronize and repopulated the calendar database from my Outlook calendar.

My theory as to why it corrupts is probably tied into the stupid memory leak problem with ALL the BB Pearls and probably other BB's. The memory leaked down too low without my knowing it and data started getting erased automatically from my messages, email and calendar without my knowing it, and by the time i found out, i had not only lost entries, but had a corrupted calendar database. I can't prove this, but it's a guess.

It's unbelievable that a company with such amazing products can outfit the Pearl with a measly amount of internal memory. Someone at RIM needs to figure out the memory leak problem and also they need to outfit these units with a lot more internal memory.

thanks for the help and ideas.
    03-15-08 07:56 AM
    Glad you got er done..
    03-15-08 10:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD