Hi, I admit that I did something stupid and now I'm spinning my wheels over it.

I have a BB 8100 (T-Mobile) for almost two years. I was able to configure imap using port 993/ssl when I first got it and it's worked like a charm since. That was until Saturday when our mail server was upgraded. In a fit of rage I deleted my imap email account (stupid!) and now I'm attempting to recreate it. Unfortunately the only options I now have are the email account field and password field.

I no longer have a reply to or username field; nor imap/pop option in my advance settings; nor do I have the backslash in my character options (forward slash yes, backslash no).

No one else who works with me had a problem with their BB and our imap server.

I'm so hosed. I rarely use this phone for voice, only email. I wasn't going to upgrade the phone until the T-Mobile contact expires.

Any hints or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Should I blow everything away and restore the factory settings?

Thanks,
    Desperate Dave
    03-17-09 05:22 PM
    You lost me on the \ missing. What os are you running?
    There's a few thread I found on set up, though only one looked helpful at all, the other one is T-MO specific, but not detailed.

IMAP Gmail with Blackberry - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community

Non-standard POP3/IMAP ports with T-Mobile BIS via a BlackBerry 8100 Pearl [Archive] - PinStack.com

If your worried about the original os being lost, you can always choose "wipe device" in options to restore it to out of the box configuration.
    03-17-09 10:09 PM
    Thanks for the reply.

I'm running v 4.2.1. The missing "\" is only missing when I create a new a new email account. It's there when I edit one of my other accounts like yahoo.

I'm now thinking my imap problem is related to the recent upgrade to the Exchange Server. Although everyone in my office is still able to connect with their iPhones, I found another BB owner who is having problems (although he still has his "\" symbol).

Thanks again,
    Dave
    03-18-09 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD