I'm new to BB and I have a few questions about how email is handled. I have a BB 8130 on VZW. I switched from a Treo 700p for the smaller size and legendary email handling. I am just about ready to bring it back because my email accounts are all IMAP and the BB does not seem to be made to handle it. I'm hoping someone can help me find a way to keep this phone.

Old messages - Where are they? Why can I only see messages from when I set up the account on the BB? There are thousands of messages in the inboxes of my IMAP accounts.

New messages - VZW BIS only syncs every 15 min and there is no way to force it to check for new mail. Is this correct?

IMAP folders - Any way to see them? Not such a deal breaker for me if the old inbox messages can be synced.

Read messages being updated - If I read a message on my computer it never gets marked as read on my BB. What gives?

I understand that the BB is great at working with exchange based email accounts, but is there really no solution for IMAP? I've searched and searched for an answer. Am I just missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give!
    11-12-07 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD