I'm in love with my 8220, but I do have one problem and it's frustrating me so much that i'm almost in tears! I had a BB Pearl and it was awesome, but I decided I needed a switch and bought the 8220 on Sunday.

Anyways, onto my problem. There has been 3 different times that my phone will not make/recieve calls/texts because it says i have a "Sim card error". I shut off the phone, did a battery pull, and even took out the sim card and put it back in. It will work for a bit, and then do it again. It will also randomly go from full reception to SOS in the middle of texting. It will do this in places i've always had perfect coverage. I'm so frustrated I don't know what to do. Can anyone help a bb noob out?!
    11-11-08 09:09 PM
    I've seen someone else with the 8220 complain of the SIM card issue. Take it back. That's unacceptable.
    11-11-08 09:12 PM
    I had that problem as well. I called T-Mobile and they sent me a replacement.
    11-11-08 09:35 PM
    Hope it's as easy as the suggestions recommend (I'm sure it is - there are SMART people on this forum). At any rate - welcome to CB!
    11-11-08 09:37 PM
    I know on my original Pearl 8100, I started having problems with the sim card error about every other day. I took it out of the phone, cleaned it good with some rubbing alcohol and a q-tip and put it back in. Shortly after I got my 8220. I have not had a problem since. If the Sim card is getting old, it may be bad or the connections may need cleaned on the card. Just a suggestion, but don't know if it will work for you or not.
    11-12-08 10:03 AM
    How weird. I'd just take it back. With how much $$$ people spend on these dang phones, you really shouldn't have to deal with the little b.s issues they have sometimes. Like a sticky trackball, and the SIM card error. Take advantage of your warranty exchange and get a new one! Sorry!!!
    11-12-08 10:09 AM
    Since you just bought it, take it back to the store and get a new one. Don't call T-Mobile. And while your there get a new Sim card. They do go bad no matter what people say

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-08 10:32 AM
    the problem is that the sim cards pins are coming loose and are not in contact with the phones pins.....you should send the phone back and get a new one. the piece that holds the sim securely is probably defective
    11-12-08 03:05 PM
    Yeah, SIMS do wear out. They're so flimsy...take the phone back and while you're at it get a new SIM. Might as well start off fresh eh?!
    11-24-08 12:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD