Is there anyway at all (programs, tweaks?) to be able to get IM or email without having a data/internet plan? Like it should use your texts as IM like other phones.

I have t-mobile, and all the phones i had all had IM like AIM and it all worked using texts, no internet required. And those were cheap little flip phones and everything. But with my blackberry pearl SMARTphone i expect to be able to do the same.

So is there any program out there or something that i can get to be able to have AIM without an internet connection on my phone?
    11-27-08 06:21 PM
    If you have a bb from tmo, the aim on your bb counts toward your text plan. Each message you sent on aim is a text mesage..each message is like .10. That's why only 30 buddies show up on your list when logging aim because its not connected to data.
    As for email, I have no clue.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 01:22 AM
    yah i have tmo.
    but thats the thing, i have unlimited text plan and no data plan thats why i need it.
    and i did some research and found out that its supposed to have a OZ messenger on my phone but it doesnt. and i also see thats its hard to get it back on... anyone know a way?
    and dont tell me to paste a link in my bb browser because i have no data plan, so cant.
    thanks
    11-29-08 01:03 AM
    Keep it Legal
    No posting of Warez in the forums, such as links to download warez, instructions on "cracking" software, or "workarounds" that enable people to utilize for-pay services without paying. Posting this kind of content can result in an immediate and permanent ban. These kinds of activities can get CrackBerry.com in trouble, and nobody wants that, so just don't do it.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f39/pos...uidelines-113/

If you can't afford the BB data plan, maybe you shouldn't have a BB at all. The two just go hand in hand really.
    11-29-08 01:23 AM
    are all your posts like the ones above?
    not to be mean, but giving me the forum rules is not helping me at all...
    and this is not a workaround for anything. please read my post again. i said i already have a unlimted text plan but no data plan.
    oz messenger uses text, jivetalk uses data.
    oz messenger is supposed to come on the pearl, but mine didnt have it... so i'm asking how can i put oz messenger back on my phone? so im doing anything illegal here, just trying to get an app back on my phone....
    thanks
    11-29-08 03:18 PM
    are all your posts like the ones above?
    not to be mean, but giving me the forum rules is not helping me at all...
    and this is not a workaround for anything. please read my post again. i said i already have a unlimted text plan but no data plan.
    oz messenger uses text, jivetalk uses data.
    oz messenger is supposed to come on the pearl, but mine didnt have it... so i'm asking how can i put oz messenger back on my phone? so im doing anything illegal here, just trying to get an app back on my phone....
    thanks
    I quoted the rules not just for you, but for anyone that is considering posting here. Nor is there anywhere in your post that you say you have a text messaging plan.
    Last edited by sunkast; 11-29-08 at 03:41 PM.
    11-29-08 03:32 PM
    well yeah i did in the post right above your first post =]
    so does anyone have an answer for this?
    11-29-08 10:23 PM
    Is there anyway at all (programs, tweaks?) to be able to get IM or email without having a data/internet plan? Like it should use your texts as IM like other phones.

I have t-mobile, and all the phones i had all had IM like AIM and it all worked using texts, no internet required. And those were cheap little flip phones and everything. But with my blackberry pearl SMARTphone i expect to be able to do the same.

So is there any program out there or something that i can get to be able to have AIM without an internet connection on my phone?
    No where in there do you say that you have an unlimited text plan.
    11-29-08 10:47 PM
    your right i probably should've edited the first post. but i do say it in my next post.
    new question, i heard someone downloaded the BB pearl simulator off tmo website and they downloaded OZ messenger on that then switched that software with their phone.

well i got the simulator but it seems like theres no internet on it. anyone know a way to set that up so i can try it out?
    11-29-08 11:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD