I work nights and I have those friends who like to call me during the day. Easy solution; no my phone off I know. But it's a problem when youre also on call, the babysitter trying to get a hold of someone, or the wife needs something, etc. I made a new profile titled "Sleep" but I cant figure out how to make only the contacts I want to ring and the contacts to be silent without changing all of my profiles. I'm hoping I can just change the profile without going through my whole contact book.

Any ideas or a solution to my problem is a great help.
    05-08-08 08:05 AM
    Create a profile, like 'phone only'. Then, add an exception, BUT, point said exception to that new profile, 'phone only', and that should do the trick...
    05-08-08 08:09 AM
    Thanks that what I was looking for and it was under my nose the whole time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-08 08:09 PM
    Ok I thought it would work. After I made an exception to be used only for that profile "Sleep". I called my phone with wives phone and called myself, no ring tone. Yes I need everyone else silent except for my wife and a couple of others.

Any other ideas?
    05-08-08 08:50 PM
    Here is a thread from a couple of weeks ago on this subject. Good luck!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/quiet-mode-31509/
    Last edited by tyroni; 05-08-08 at 09:21 PM. Reason: typo
    05-08-08 09:20 PM
    Ok I thought it would work. After I made an exception to be used only for that profile "Sleep". I called my phone with wives phone and called myself, no ring tone. Yes I need everyone else silent except for my wife and a couple of others.

Any other ideas?
    There is a way to select certain contacts for this.

profiles>advanced
    at the bottom you will see 'use active profile EXCEPT for' it should say 'important calls' with a check..highlight that and press your menu button>new exception
    scroll down to 'from' - hit menu key>add name...

this should work for you
    let me know!
    05-09-08 12:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD