And, when I turn my blackberry back on, it's missing MySpace, Facebook, Aol Instant Messenger, Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, and a bunch more. What happened to it all?
    11-24-08 10:53 PM
    I belive you need to reload your apps, You should have a backup of your apps. Unless you skipped that step.
    11-25-08 12:56 AM
    Run desktop manager and use the app loader. See if they are on there and make sure they are selected for reinstall.
    11-25-08 07:51 AM
    I did this too! Except I did it with a link someone here posted (BlackBerry - Update your Device Software) and my apps disappeared too. I don't think I skipped the backup step when it downloaded because I thought I read on the pop up window something about backing stuff up. I just don't know where I'd be able to find it? And the Desktop Manager that I used last is on a computer that is broken and won't turn on Help if you can
    11-25-08 08:57 AM
    I did this too! Except I did it with a link someone here posted (BlackBerry - Update your Device Software) and my apps disappeared too. I don't think I skipped the backup step when it downloaded because I thought I read on the pop up window something about backing stuff up. I just don't know where I'd be able to find it? And the Desktop Manager that I used last is on a computer that is broken and won't turn on Help if you can
    Do you have a new CPU? All of the apps mentioned seem to be apps that come with the Berry. If you have a new CPU install a new desktop manager and run the app loader. You should see all that you mentioned so make sure they are checked and run it.
    11-25-08 10:04 AM
    I reloaded the Myspace, Facebook and Viigo. I tried to download Ascendo Money, I could download the program but when I typed in the registration key I received when I purchased it, it says registration error. I'm guessing because I'm using the same key twice, or atleast trying to use the same key. Guess I'll have to call them and explain and hopefully they will give me another code so I don't have to pay again!
    11-25-08 10:36 AM
    I know it is a little late but next time use this link to guid you through the process of backing up your third party apps. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...cations-53201/
    11-25-08 10:48 AM
    Thanks a lot... I just got a BlackBerry 8130 last Saturday, so I'm pretty new to everything. I just didn't think updating would remove my applications, and I guess I'll try to reload my applications.
    11-25-08 03:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD