Today I had the "previledge" to fool around for a few hours with the new 3G Vodafone Storm. A friend of mine recently bought one "because the Vodafone-lady had such beautiful eyes" , now that's a good reason!
    Now, I had to explain him all about owning a BB starting from nothing. I mean really from nothing. From explaning the use of the browser to the installation of simple apps as the Google apps. For sync'ing mail and agenda's we have planned a new meeting for new week. Fortunately for this service he is paying me in shoes for my kids as my friend imports Italian shoes. Because explaining the use of it is one thing, explaning the social, cultural and emotional side of owning a BB is a whole different thing.
    From the first moment on I didn't like the touch screen. Being used to digiting with quite some nerve the buttons on my Pearl I felt disorientated using the touchscreen especially in browsing. That's my main issue with the Storm. You need fingers of a twelve year old in order to make it work right, it's easy to get the wrong letter. Selecting a language on the mobile site of Google I ended up in first Turkish then Indonesian, just because I could not get my finger on the right country.
    Ofcourse some features are nice and wish my Pearl would have. The "download folder" is a nice feature and the whole idea of a touchscreen appeals to one's immagination. But that's for the idea. I dont't buy a phone just for the idea to have the latest coolest gadget, then I would have bought every new product coming out of the the factory of our dear friend mr. Jobs.
    No, for what I have seen so far..... I am glad to own a Pearl and am more convinced now that touchscreen phones will not be my kind of phones in the future.
    Then, what I have always liked about my Pearl is....the size of it!
    Dear fellow Pearl owners....let us be proud of our Pearls. With out trackballs and our compressed qwerty keyboards. We are one of a kind! We are Blackberry!
    12-10-08 03:54 PM
    I hear ya samsams, I am a proud Pearl owner too!!!
    12-10-08 04:12 PM
    I love my Pearl too but if one of the people complaining about the Storm wants to send me theirs I would gladly love that one too!
    12-10-08 04:16 PM
    I appreciate the tactile feedback of keys. I cant get into the touchscreen thing personally. I do have screen size envy of my girls iphone and the storm however =P
    12-10-08 04:33 PM
    I'm on the family plan, so I don't have an option to switch carriers. I'd really like a Bold, but I'm stuck on T-Mobile.

I just sent back the G1 Android phone today though, now I'm falling back on my Pearl. It was a mix of things between missing the stuff I'm used to on my Pearl and some lacking features on the G1 along with its clumsiness and battery life that made me go back. I did play around with a friend's Storm, but I was not very impressed by the laggy performance.

Pearl is "it" for me for a while longer. I think I'll finally upgrade my 4.2 OS to make myself feel better about "downgrading" now haha. Seriously, it does everything I need from a phone, even without fancy GPS or WiFi, and cool apps like ShopSavvy and streaming Shoutcasts... heh
    12-10-08 06:54 PM
    I think, quite possible, the Pearl is the perfect blend of phone and pda. Small like a phone, yet powerful. Qwerty layout, not microscopic keys. The only thing the pearl leaves me wanting is a bigger screen, but I dont want a bigger device. So maybe i dont want a bigger screen! lol
    12-10-08 10:13 PM
    A friend of mine recently bought one "because the Vodafone-lady had such beautiful eyes" ,

Dear fellow Pearl owners....let us be proud of our Pearls. With out trackballs and our compressed qwerty keyboards. We are one of a kind! We are Blackberry!
    LMAO on the eyes comment . Although I feel for your friend as I'm a sucker for nice eyes too .

And from one pearl owner to another.... cheers !!

12-10-08 10:15 PM
    If you do your research here you can have it all decked out...
    12-10-08 10:16 PM
    THe pearl is just a great device hands down
    12-10-08 10:41 PM
    Proud owner of an 8100 here also! Best phone i've ever owned. I was able to get my hands on a free HTC Wing a few months ago, i *tried* using it on and off for a while, but i always seemed to get drawn back my Pearl. The size, stability and functionality is what does it for me.
    12-12-08 02:37 PM
    Im still glad i traded an ATT RAZR and a MetroPCS piece of junk for my first BB, my 8100.
    12-12-08 09:56 PM
    The Pearl. My favorite BB! . Good things come in small packages.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-08 10:29 PM
    amen! I am loving my pearl most of the time. But on occasion it does completely freeze up causing me to have to miss calls and remove the battery.
    12-13-08 02:05 AM
    Today I had the "previledge" to fool around for a few hours with the new 3G Vodafone Storm. A friend of mine recently bought one "because the Vodafone-lady had such beautiful eyes" , now that's a good reason!
    Now, I had to explain him all about owning a BB starting from nothing. I mean really from nothing. From explaning the use of the browser to the installation of simple apps as the Google apps. For sync'ing mail and agenda's we have planned a new meeting for new week. Fortunately for this service he is paying me in shoes for my kids as my friend imports Italian shoes. Because explaining the use of it is one thing, explaning the social, cultural and emotional side of owning a BB is a whole different thing.
    From the first moment on I didn't like the touch screen. Being used to digiting with quite some nerve the buttons on my Pearl I felt disorientated using the touchscreen especially in browsing. That's my main issue with the Storm. You need fingers of a twelve year old in order to make it work right, it's easy to get the wrong letter. Selecting a language on the mobile site of Google I ended up in first Turkish then Indonesian, just because I could not get my finger on the right country.
    Ofcourse some features are nice and wish my Pearl would have. The "download folder" is a nice feature and the whole idea of a touchscreen appeals to one's immagination. But that's for the idea. I dont't buy a phone just for the idea to have the latest coolest gadget, then I would have bought every new product coming out of the the factory of our dear friend mr. Jobs.
    No, for what I have seen so far..... I am glad to own a Pearl and am more convinced now that touchscreen phones will not be my kind of phones in the future.
    Then, what I have always liked about my Pearl is....the size of it!
    Oh, I agree, I LOVE my pearl--as long as they keep up the OS upgrades, I will stay with it.....what do you mean about your friend having a download folder?
    12-13-08 07:34 PM
    I'm on the family plan, so I don't have an option to switch carriers. I'd really like a Bold, but I'm stuck on T-Mobile.

I just sent back the G1 Android phone today though, now I'm falling back on my Pearl. It was a mix of things between missing the stuff I'm used to on my Pearl and some lacking features on the G1 along with its clumsiness and battery life that made me go back. I did play around with a friend's Storm, but I was not very impressed by the laggy performance.

Pearl is "it" for me for a while longer. I think I'll finally upgrade my 4.2 OS to make myself feel better about "downgrading" now haha. Seriously, it does everything I need from a phone, even without fancy GPS or WiFi, and cool apps like ShopSavvy and streaming Shoutcasts... heh
    Sweetie, skip 4.2 and go to 4.5--you will NOT regret it. You will be able to use up to an 8gb card.....
    12-13-08 07:36 PM
    I have been running 4.5 since it was first released for the 8130, it is alot better...
    12-13-08 07:41 PM
    Awww... One great thing about the Storm is that you can have qwerty, but then you can have a good ol' fashioned phone keypad and just do the multi-tap. And once you get used to it, it's rather easy.
    12-13-08 07:54 PM
    Beat It StormLover! LOL! jk. Cant wait til VZW falls below their quota and the exclusive is over!
    12-13-08 09:50 PM
    Love my Pearl! I only envy the larger BB's because of the larger screen....but I think I'll sick with the Pearl. I'm a believer. LOL
    12-17-08 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD