I went to options--> memory card and it said it has 7.6GB capacity and it seems to be working fine.

Is this gonna present any problem??

One thing is that when I go to "all songs" it takes awhile to load all of them.

Also sometimes the media player doesn't work until I play with it for awhile. You can click on a song, and it goes to the song, and says 0:00 but it doesn't play it, it's like it's locked at 0:00.

However the same thing happened when I had verizon's pearl when the max. capacity was 8GB card. So maybe this issue is unrelated to the card size.

EDIT:I went to options-->advanced options-->applications, and I see alot of 4.3 or 4.30 applications, so I think I have OS 4.3?
    Last edited by improvingame; 05-24-08 at 02:47 PM.
    05-24-08 02:29 PM
    I was under the impression that you could use them-but only store up to gigs of goodies on them

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-08 02:34 PM
    Thats what I think it is also.
    05-24-08 02:35 PM
    I have only used 3.5GB so far. I'll let you know if something changes, but I have a feeling it will work

It says
    Total space 7.6GB
    Free space 4.1 GB
    05-24-08 02:37 PM
    I believe OS 4.3 supports 8 gig.
    05-24-08 03:57 PM
    That's what I thought too--based on previous threads.

However, The label next to phone at the store said "up to 4GB."
    05-24-08 06:51 PM
    OS 4.3/4.5 has support up to 8gb, and "supposedly" OS 4.5 has support up to 16gb, although i can't remember where i read it, and if anyone actually tested it or not.

But it definitely supports 8gb.
    05-24-08 07:38 PM
    I have an 8gig in my 8130. so far i have 6gigs of music on it. i dont have any problems with the media player or the card. check your OS by going to OPTIONS>ABOUT mine is 4.3.0.97
    05-24-08 08:58 PM
    I have a pearl and my micro sd card is 6 gb. No problem to use it. Try to format it.
    05-24-08 10:03 PM
    I had have this same problem but it had decreased dramatically for me because i freed up some of my memory on my Curve so if you have any Apps that you dont really use try getting rid of them anf freeing up the mem on the actual phone
    05-24-08 10:46 PM
    It says

"Blackberry 8130 smartphone (CDMA) v4.3.0.71 (platform 3.1.0.37)"
    05-25-08 04:08 AM
    The locking up is from having a larger card. It can handle it but that doesn't mean it likes it.

Think of it like having one note on your desk or your desk covered in notes. The more you have the longer it takes to find the one you want.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-08 01:54 PM
    I finally tried to add more than 4 GB AND IT WOULDN'T LET ME!

The red light started flashing!

And it said:

Total space: 7.6 GB
    Free space: 3.6 GB

FURTHERMORE, its acting totally weird...I removed about 1 GB of media from the device, but if you turn on the device its as if all that media is still there. And if you click play for one of the deleted media files, then it plays some other media that I didn't delete (probably the next one on the list that I didn't delete).

And now when I add new media, it doesn't show up on the device, but it shows up it shows up on the list of the removable disk drive. Weird.

2 days now, still not better.
    05-31-08 06:25 PM
    sorry i can't help you but i do have a 4 GB card in my and no trouble.
    05-31-08 06:35 PM
    FURTHERMORE, its acting totally weird...I removed about 1 GB of media from the device, but if you turn on the device its as if all that media is still there. And if you click play for one of the deleted media files, then it plays some other media that I didn't delete (probably the next one on the list that I didn't delete).
    I'm unclear on this. Your 8130 doesn't have 1GB of space on the device....

I'd recommend doing a battery pull with the device turned on. Leave the battery out for at least 30 seconds and then put it back in. See if that resolves the issue.
    06-01-08 12:08 AM
    I'm unclear on this. Your 8130 doesn't have 1GB of space on the device....

I'd recommend doing a battery pull with the device turned on. Leave the battery out for at least 30 seconds and then put it back in. See if that resolves the issue.
    Thanks, it resolved the problem.
    06-01-08 11:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD