Hey guys! once again i need your help. So far this forum as been great when it came to help and i was hoping you guys can pull through again. Basically what i am trying to do here is go from the latest OS for the 8100 which is the 4.5.0.102 to the older 4.2.1.107. reason being is the phone worked best when i was on the older OS. Thanks in advance guys!
    01-05-09 03:24 AM
    Says you have a 8310, but you want to downgrade your 8100? I don't know why you would find the older os to be better, but if you go to your providers download site, you should be able to find it. I take it you didn't keep the version you preferred on your computer?
    01-05-09 04:11 AM
    Well I have both Phones but i want to give my pearl to my fiance since she wants it. But the new OS on the pearl is so slow and lagging the phone so much that i just want to go back to the version that it had came with. i have download the older OS so i have it but i cant seem to install it on the phone.
    01-05-09 04:56 AM
    I never had an upgrade that wasn't better than the last, you should give it a day or 2 to work itself out. I was running .102 for about a month before upgrading to .124. However, if you want to downgrade follow this:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/
    01-05-09 05:04 AM
    Here is what you do.

Uninstall any other Blackberry OSs that may be installed on your PC.
    Install OS 4.2.1.107.
    Downnload and install CrackMem from the link in my signature and read the Help text as it will help you save memory on the phone. There is also a step-by-step guide that really works to upgrading your phone using CrackMem.
    Make sure that you have v4.6 (don't use 4.7 but 4.5 is OK too) of Desktop Manager from here https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22.

Desktop Manager will ask you if you wish to downgrade.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BACKUP before you start the upgrade process.
    Last edited by Pete6; 01-05-09 at 05:14 AM.
    01-05-09 05:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD