I have a new custom built computer (no Brand name) moving in with me this weekend. I don't have the Disk to download Desktop manager for my 8100 (latest edition) . I do have a link provided by T-Mobil. I do however have a disk for the 8320 Curve, can I use this for the Pearl ? I would like to get a replacement disk. I seem to have options and I would like some suggestions...
    Current PC is out of order, using my work PC right now...Thanx, Hal

Also: how do I add a photo to my account?
    04-08-08 06:18 PM
    you can either download it from Unsupported Browser or BlackBerry you really don't need the disk
    04-08-08 06:20 PM
    oh you go under account settings and then avitar then upload a pic but it has to be 80 x 80 i think
    04-08-08 06:20 PM
    Handheld: Blackberry Pearl 8100
    Operating System: Windows Vista
    Issue: Lost/Missing OEM Desktop Manager Software Installation Disc

Hey, I'm currently without a cellular carrier...Once, I was with T-Mobile, but I lost my job - due to injury. I still use my Blackberry Pearl for .mp3 and picture keeping. However, I no longer have the Blackberry Desktop Software Installation Disc, which prevents me from loading/uploading video content, or even accessing a Desktop Manager - and on this new computer, I don't know of a way of acquiring that software.
    I tried both solutions that you offered here in this original post.

Once the software was downloaded, I tried installing the file - when I got the following message:

"The wizard was interrupted before BlackBerry Desktop Software coulbe be completely installed. Your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time, please run setup again." This error occurred with all versions of the Desktop Manager Software. support.microsoft.com had nothing to offer!

I tried restarting the computer, then running the file as the Administrator... Nothing changed. Could you offer any solutions for this?
    05-22-08 11:13 PM
    Running as administrator is the first thing with Vista, but you probably need to disable your antivirus. I had to do that to get DM to install properly.

Good luck!
    05-23-08 09:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD