I love my pearl - but, everytime I get my hands on a curve I just wish I knew why Verizon hasn't picked one up yet or why RIM hasn't put out a CDMA curve.

also I was browsing the internet and I came across this article.... MobileTechNews - Verizon Wireless BlackBerry 8330 shows up in stores today

It was written in May of 07 - it can't be true right?... unless theres some underground Verizon Curve users that I dont know about in Basking Ridge, New Jersey...
    02-01-08 02:25 PM
    I agree, I really wish I could have a curve but Verizon clearly doesn't want me to have one. Anyway as for the article, the title is a typo. It is supposed to say the 8830. If you read under the title it says ......

[The new BlackBerry 8830 World Edition Smartphone is available beginning today in Verizon Wireless Communications Sstores.]

So unfortunatly, there are no underground users haha....but i wish i could be one
    02-01-08 02:36 PM
    Ialso I was browsing the internet and I came across this article.... MobileTechNews - Verizon Wireless BlackBerry 8330 shows up in stores today

It was written in May of 07 - it can't be true right?... unless theres some underground Verizon Curve users that I dont know about in Basking Ridge, New Jersey...
    Haha, typo in the headline.. if you read it, the article is for the 8830.

Edit: Oops, sorry hal
    02-01-08 02:39 PM
    there is a CDMA curve coming relatively shortly for bell, in canada, which i would find strange if USA did not get it first.
    02-01-08 02:42 PM
    I am very happy with my pearl. My coworker has a curve and honestly I like the pearl more

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-08 02:53 PM
    I got my Pearl last weekend (Saturday 1/26) and my Verizon sales rep confirmed that they are DEFINITELY getting the Curve this spring but they don't have an exact date. He also told me that they will allow anyone who bought the Pearl to exchange it for the Curve if it comes out within 60 days. This is in the Chicago area...don't know if that deal is for everywhere or not. I also asked him what color(s) the Curve would be, and he said he wasn't positive but last he heard it would be black.

The Curve is cool but I really like the size of the Pearl. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to deal with the keyboard since I went from a full qwerty to the Pearl, but I actually like it better!
    02-01-08 03:02 PM
    Bell plans on coming out with a CDMA curve??
    which one?
    8300, 8310, 8320?
    02-01-08 03:06 PM
    I wish that i had the Curve as an option... but being on Verizon, it wasn't... so my options were limted to the Pearl or the 8830 WE. I chose the Pearl because of its size. I haven't actually seen/held/played with a Curve, so i don't know its size relative to a Pearl or 8830.

In the end, i'm happy with my Pearl. I really wanted something small, and i have learned to love the SureType keyboard.
    02-01-08 06:14 PM
    Bell plans on coming out with a CDMA curve??
    which one?
    8300, 8310, 8320?
    Both Bell and Telus will come out with Curve 8330 edition (just google it, lol).. No wifi, but GPS (like the 8310) not sure on colors, but probably silver (titanium) and maybe black and red.
    02-01-08 08:01 PM
    I got my Pearl last weekend (Saturday 1/26) and my Verizon sales rep confirmed that they are DEFINITELY getting the Curve this spring but they don't have an exact date. He also told me that they will allow anyone who bought the Pearl to exchange it for the Curve if it comes out within 60 days. This is in the Chicago area...don't know if that deal is for everywhere or not. I also asked him what color(s) the Curve would be, and he said he wasn't positive but last he heard it would be black.

The Curve is cool but I really like the size of the Pearl. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to deal with the keyboard since I went from a full qwerty to the Pearl, but I actually like it better!
    Did he make it seem like anyone who bought the pearl?? Like me who bought it in December b/c a sales rep straight out lied to me saying that verizon would not carry the curve till the Q4 of 08. So if they don't replace my phone im canceling and going to AT&T.
    02-02-08 12:43 AM
    I've had my Pearl for a week now and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. This is my first smartphone and I reached a lot of different brands before I settled on BB. Then I still didn't know if I wanted the Pearl or Curve, decided on the Pearl at the store because of the feel. After seeing so many people choose the curve more I wondered if I maybe should've too. However, ATT insures the Pearl now but not the Curve. I'm sticking with the Pearl!!!!
    02-02-08 12:56 AM
    no worries, I will own the pearl and use my NE2 later on when it's out. **** maybe use it or sell it off to one of you guys for a great price... We will see......
    02-02-08 01:14 AM
    I prefer the size of the pearl to that of a curve. Smaller's better.
    02-02-08 01:42 AM
    Like I said in another thread, the
    "RED" curve ROCKS!

02-02-08 05:51 AM
    Just wondering why the curve is so much better. I am cool with Sure type. What is the major difference?
    02-02-08 07:45 AM
    Did he make it seem like anyone who bought the pearl?? Like me who bought it in December b/c a sales rep straight out lied to me saying that verizon would not carry the curve till the Q4 of 08. So if they don't replace my phone im canceling and going to AT&T.
    Yes, it seemed like anyone who bought the Pearl recently...but I don't know if it was just that particular store or anyone anywhere, KWIM? After he told me that the Curve was definitely coming out, he said "We are offering an extension of the exchange policy (usually 30 days) to anyone who buys a Pearl, so that if the Curve comes out within 60 days you can exchange it." If all else fails, you can always fly to Chicago and go to the salesman at my store.
    02-02-08 10:52 AM
    Just wondering why the curve is so much better. I am cool with Sure type. What is the major difference?
    Pretty much just the keyboard, from my understanding. The trackball seems to move more smoothly too.

I was pretty much set on a Curve, but after playing with both, I found I actually type faster on the Pearl. I didn't think I would like the keyboard OR the SureType, since my last phone had a full qwerty, but I absolutely love it. I fly through emails and texts now.
    02-02-08 10:55 AM
    The only reason I would consider it is for the bigger screen size, but I don't think the extra bulk is worth it. When I was in the store and looking at the devices I didn't even want a BB (oh what a fool I was!), I was just looking for a simple form factor that didn't flip and spin and have spring loaded releasing number pads and stuff. I looked at the 8830 WE and didn't want it. I looked at the pearl and it was sorta like my SE 800i that I was happy with--but nicer, so I went with it. Thus began the grip this thing has on my soul!

Truth is, I didn't even know I was supposed to want a curve until I found out I couldn't have one after reading about it on here! For a while I was convinced, but thinking about it now, I'll stick with my pearl. It works just right for me.

Eli
    02-02-08 01:38 PM
    Honestly, I'm leaning towards a wanting a curve. I have had my Pearl since late October and although it works great, great size and all--I feel this "grass is greener" feeling for the curve. Since my cell company was just taken over by At&t, I might have a chance to get one at the contract rate but I have wait for my rep to get it going for me.

I paid retail for my Pearl and I don't really want to shell out another 350+ just for my tech-geek need to have the latest and greatest.

what I'm saying is, Yes, I am a Pearl owner who would rather have the curve.
    02-02-08 02:17 PM
    The full key boared is easyer to use, but the Pearl is easy to get use too
    02-02-08 02:28 PM
    I've had both (now have the curve). I love the full keyboard of the curve and there is not much difference in size.
    02-02-08 03:14 PM
    I really would not rather have a Curve because I like the Pearl better than the other new BB series.
    02-02-08 06:43 PM
    I really love my Pearl, it's pink for one thing which I suppose until the Curve could come out with one in pink I really don't feel the need to switch. Though my friend has a Curve and it's extremely cute and I do like the full qwerty keyboard. But I don't mind the keyboard on the Pearl, I actually like it. I like the suretype too, I actually type a lot faster with it.
    02-02-08 10:45 PM
    I have to admit, I never even gave any other BlackBerry a thought before the Pearl. I have come to REALLY LOVE the BlackBerry OS and if Verizon had a Curve, Iwould look at it but the deciding issue for me was the form factor of the Pearl. Most BlackBerries feel too wide in my hand and too bulky in my pocket. SureType is AMAZING. I came from a regular phone with a full QWERTY keyboard and I was hesitant but I mastered SureType within a day and I'm not looking back.

02-02-08 10:46 PM
    I love my Pearl, but a Curve... hmm
    02-03-08 04:21 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD