I have had sooo many problems with this flip its not even funny!
    it has broken 7 times, and i just found out that there are red x's on my battery from it over heating. it wouldnt be from water because it was never in water. my battery doesnt even last a day, and it is slow.
    annnd there is 2 years left in my contract. yaay.

the red x's are what worry me. does anyone else have this ?
    06-16-10 07:27 PM
    I had a Pearl, Pearl flip, Curve 8520, and now on my current Bold 9700. The Pearl Flip is the worst I've had. Too slow and laggy. Wouldn't even recommend it to my friends..
    06-17-10 01:21 AM
    Your username and post count suggests you just want to rant and run. There are answers to be found here if you can suspend your hatred for a couple days. Start with the battery tips link in my sig.
    06-17-10 01:24 PM
    Did you have your phone in the bathroom while you were taking a hot shower, did you leave your phone in the car on a cold winter day and bring it back inside. The red x's mean water damage, so either you split something on it or condensation got in it, there's no two ways around it.

Either that or you bought a phone that already had water damage.

And yes the flip does suck, as soon as you pick it up it seems like its made of cheap knock off Chinese plastic so that fact that its broke 7 times on you does not surprise me in the least. You should have splurged a bit and bought a 9700 or 9650.
    06-17-10 02:48 PM
    Red X's dont lie. Condensation got in there one way or another. as hubermania said there are plenty of things to look into. I have herd of getting a dud phone, but 7 is starting to seem like user error
    06-17-10 03:02 PM
    My battery has red Xs and had them when I got the phone. From what I've seen it depends on the battery some of them have red Xs from the factory others are simply white. I saw a thread here about that at one point.
    06-17-10 06:31 PM
    My battery has red Xs and had them when I got the phone. From what I've seen it depends on the battery some of them have red Xs from the factory others are simply white. I saw a thread here about that at one point.
    this is true the older BB batterys had red Xs that bleed into the white part to make the hole thing red witch indicated liquid damage but jus tred Xs are ok as long as they dont look smeary or anything like that
    06-17-10 07:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD