Hi everyone!

My random blog. After a month of reading crackberry.com, I have become an addicted onlooker, and just 3 days ago I received my Blackberry in the mail. I had really wanted the 8120 for AT&T because of the wifi, but apparently you can only order it online at ATT.com, so I ended up with the 8110 from AT&T. I had swapped out my Blackjack II for a new 8110 after falling addicted from reading on this site.

Pros of 8110 in comparisons with the Blackjack II i617:
    1)I like the smaller size and more compact phone. Blackjack is thinner, but wider and longer, so over all the 8110 is smaller in perimeters.
    2)ehhh... its a Blackberry... i guess...
    3)came with headphones. The Blackjack is the same high price but yet does not come with headphones.
    4)came with case. The Blackjack is the same high price but yet does not come with case either.
    5)Manual data turn off.

Cons of the 8110 vs Blackjack II:
    1)Whats with the ****ty OS quality system? Bad icons, have to read lines of options for figure out and customize. Windows mobile 6 is wayyyy better IMO. More user friendly. I'm not a business user so have no use for the wonderful BB push email. just for personal use.
    2)No AIM, or MSN chat. I used AIM a lot on the BJ II
    3)Having to import my sim contacts to the phone. It's pretty crappy when the phone itself cannot read off the sim and you have to import it to the phone. 1ST of all, the main this is that this is a PHONE. so at least the phone options sound be the most user friendly.
    4)again... to view text, and history of calls, and delete history, i have to read and think and go in there to clear and find. on the BJ II its all very simple. I'm not lazy, just why do I have to work so hard for simple options?
    5)There is more lag time on my 8110 than my BJ II
    6)When making a call, I can't just press the call button and pull up the contact list. I have to go into the address book and then get the # and then call.
    7)Rolling ball... eh... I can see it breaking down on my in the future.
    8)No full size keyboard.

enough for now. I will be browsing for more info on how to make the most of my 8110. If there are corrections for problems that can be fixed in my cons section, let me know. I'll try to update on the use of my phone, but so far, not as user friendly as the BJ II.

I have no one to PIN yet either.
    3/5 stars for far b/c I own the phone.
    08-01-08 12:49 AM
    Welcome and congrats on the new Pearl. If you wanted a full-size keyboard, how come you didn't get the Curve. Also you can still do AIM and all the othe I'm'ing your BB - you just download the apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-08 12:53 AM
    Yes you should have not bought a Pearl if you wanted full qwerty. You could have got the 8310 Curve. You do have 30 days to exchange. The OS is also upgradeable. Also, please keep the language clean. BTW, welcome to CB!
    08-01-08 12:57 AM
    #6. after you hit the green phone key to enter the phone app., you can just hold the green phone key and your contact list will pull up
    #7. there are many threads on how to maintain the trackball such as cleaning it and replacements can be bought off the internet and replaced very easily.

P.S. PIN me through BB Messenger and I'll add you to my contact list: 318F229D
    08-01-08 01:22 AM
    Welcome aboard! Coming from a BJ, you should've gotten the Curve.
    08-01-08 07:39 AM
    "miss_michelle" yeah...I wasn't able to get the Curve, but its okay. The company offered me the Pearl for free since the BJ II was giving me some issues with their system. I just have to get used to the phone. Full keyboard would have been nice, but I can get used to the 8110 keys just the same.

-I'll look up the aim apps on here, hope its free.
    -yeah, and the language just got set to "cleaner", -np Garz
    -Thanks for the tips on #6 and #7 BBslim, I'll read more about BBmessenger before I PIN you.
    -and thanks for the welcome 49ways.

Its the help and feedbacks from these forums that have made me addicted to crackberry and to get a Blackberry. so as for update: I'll still have to get used to the phone. might look into getting the iphone icon setup for fun, but man... so far everything has taken me at least 1hr to master and figure out. #6 from BBslim wasn't even noted in the manual it came with.
    08-01-08 11:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD