i do like to use speaker phone sometimes but this just started happening a few days ago.

ive had my pearl for almost a year now and its been fine. but now when i go to end a convo by hitting the red little phone, it goes to speaker phone. idk if its jammed or what. and the call wont end till the other person hangs up.

any help?
    04-21-08 09:28 AM
    Are you sure that you are hitting the end call button and not the speaker button, maybe it is that you are accidently hitting the speaker button or both I know they are close to each other.
    04-21-08 09:48 AM
    Are you sure that you are hitting the end call button and not the speaker button, maybe it is that you are accidently hitting the speaker button or both I know they are close to each other.
    I agree...........
    04-21-08 01:30 PM
    Perhaps something is jammed since the buttons are right next to each other. I've never taken mine apart, but might want to get the keypad out and see if something is stuck so that when you push "end" it's pushing speaker
    04-21-08 01:33 PM
    Did you get the phone wet?
    04-21-08 01:35 PM
    its happened to every single one of my calls, and i have been making sure to hit the top of the end call button so i dont hit the speaker button.

it did get ti wet months ago, but i took the battery and sim card out and set it under a fan and its been fine till now.

it may be jammed, but ive lifted the speaker and end call button up sightly and nothing changes.

thanks for your help
    04-21-08 08:35 PM
    i had that problem a lot when i had my 8100 it would go to speaker phone and not hang up for a few seconds
    04-22-08 02:29 AM
    i personally think RIM could have thought out that key position a bit better... speaker phone button next to end call/power button is just not ideal. when i'm driving i cant count how many times i've accidently hung up on someone lol.
    04-22-08 05:19 AM
    If it is still under warranty, I'd tak it back to the shop, smile and look confused.
    04-22-08 11:38 AM
    You could always click the trackball, then go to the Full Menu, and choose End Call from there.
    04-23-08 02:13 PM
    You could try reseting the Master Reset on the Phone and start fresh, Maybe its an internal problem with the software, Just an idea nobody said yet.
    04-23-08 08:50 PM
    Sorry for the slightly off topic response, but I've been having similar problems with my newly acquired (but slightly useD) 8300 Curve.

Sometimes, when I end calls on it, the speakerphone activates of its own accord for a a split second before the call is ended. It's quite annoying, as you can imagine, particularly if you're with clients.

Any ideas on what might be causing this? Do we just have faulty devices? Since I'm having a similar problem with a Curve, where the speakerphone button is nowhere near the end button, this may be a problem at the OS level or something.
    05-08-08 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD