It seems as though my volume up button on the side of my phone is not working. Is there another way to turn your in call volume up or does anyone have suggestions on how to get my volume up button to work?
    10-03-08 01:03 PM
    If you can't turn it up, it sounds like it may already be set to max.
    10-03-08 01:06 PM
    the volume will go down but not up. It seems as though the up only doesn't work!
    10-03-08 01:08 PM
    Did you look at the volume indicator on the screen? It sounds like the volume is already maxed.
    10-03-08 01:19 PM
    You should have your device replaced if still in warranty if all else fails.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-08 01:22 PM
    its not maxed out. the down works fine but it will not go back up for nothing!! Is there any other way to change this setting without the outer volume button?
    10-03-08 01:24 PM
    It seems as though my volume up button on the side of my phone is not working. Is there another way to turn your in call volume up or does anyone have suggestions on how to get my volume up button to work?
    If you have an 8130 the up down button on the right is for camera zoom. To turn up your volume scroll to the speaker on the right side of your home screen and click on it! There ya go! Sry if this didn't help
    10-03-08 01:25 PM
    You can set the default call volume. Press the dial button to bring up the recent calls history > press Menu > Options > General. From here you can set the default call volume to whatever you'd like.
    10-03-08 01:27 PM
    Thank you so very much!!!!!!!!!!
    10-03-08 01:33 PM
    thank you for helping with the volume issue, now are there shortcuts like that for the media player too. i have the same problem and have now turned my media player all the way down with no way to turn it back up.
    01-08-09 01:43 PM
    How do I assign a ringtone to a specific contact when they send me a text message?
    01-11-09 01:12 PM
    you might need to have it fixed by blackberry.
    01-11-09 02:18 PM
    I have the same issue with my new BOLD 9700. Volume will go down but not up with no explanation. The phone is being returned for replacement.
    01-06-10 10:57 AM
    no ur wrong u cant turn it up ******
    02-14-10 06:40 PM
    Hey guys my mom was having the exact same problem with the volume controls on the side of her bold 9000. I read a couple of reviews saying that you might have to pry apart the device.... however I fixed mine a little differently..... if anyone here has the bold 9000... while you are in a call.. press the volume up or volume down buttons with a bit of force... mine worked like a charm... seems as though the small connectors that make contact with the inside of the volume buttons dont exactly touch which is a RIM design flaw.... just press the volume button a bit hard either up or down and volume changes perfectly.. enjoy
    11-08-10 12:13 PM
    Do you guys know of any downloadable programs for the Bold 9700 that would enables volume increase for Media without the right side buttons? I have the same issue where my increase volume button no longer works.

Thank you!
    02-19-11 04:03 PM
    Okay so i was having the exact same issue with my Bold 9700 and tried calling AT&T a few days ago but they were zero help. The "customer service" rep actually told me that she has the same phone and has never had that issue so she's not sure why I'm having it. Needless to say I was enraged and told her that I didn't have the issue up until a week ago but I do now and it is inevitable that it happens to her as well.

Anyhow, I was able to get the volume issue fixed at a local shady, albeit helpful cell phone store near my work. It is one of those independent cell phone stores that do repairs also, and the guy was able to open up the casing on my phone and somehow fix the issue.

My volume works fine again now, so I suggest you look for a local cell phone repair shop because that's the only thing that seemed to fix my issue.
    02-21-11 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD