Hi everyone,
    My Blackberry Curve is broken. I have about a month until I renew my contract so am using my friends Pearl for the time being.

I have asked about 5 people to help me with the keyboard and typing and we cannot figure it out. it must be set on some kind of 'auto complete' mode.

I try to just hit the 'R' but hitting the 'E R' key doesnt do it, a screen pops up and trys to spell the word for me..which isnt right anyways.

im having so much trouble that i cant even search my address book because I can't get any letters to easily come up. Any advice on how to change it to the 'normal' mode..where lets say, I can just hit the 'TY' button twice to get the 'Y'?

Thanks!
    Courtney
    11-30-08 02:21 AM
    I don't know an easier way then this to turn off sure type cause I would never do it. You kind of have to ignore what you see popping up on the screen and just type once on each key that contains the letter you want to use. There is no need for double tapping. For the word "write" I would just press each key that has the appropriate letter on it and SureType will spell it out for you.

If you're a double tapper try acting like you're going to send an email. Place your cursor in the body of the email and press the menu key and scroll down until you see enable multi tap. That should get you to what you're looking for but I sure hope you give SureType a chance. Its fabulous!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-08 08:03 AM
    go to options/language/input language and change to English (United STates,Multitap)
    11-30-08 08:04 AM
    You can change it to multitap. Do this by going to a text field, like writting and email or text message. Click the menu key located to the left of the trackball. Scroll down until you see "Enable Multitap"

That will make typing a little easier. You will have to hit a key twice if you want the second letter on the key, once for the first letter.

Good luck!

11-30-08 08:05 AM
    Use the tutorial on using the SureType. Its superfast once you learn how to use it! This messages took me 2 seconds to type out! Lol

11-30-08 08:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD