I haven't even had my Flip for a week yet. When I received it (won it on ebay) it had a small scuff on the back, a couple minor scratches on the front, and some fine scratches on the outer and inner screens. Nothing major, in fact you couldn't really even see them in most lighting.

So today I was picking my son up from preschool. I leaned over to buckle him into his booster seat, and my phone fell out of my jacket pocket and crashed to the ground. Not only did it fall, it actually rolled UNDER my car rather than just falling straight down and staying there. So then I was left with the option of trying to back my car out, which could have very well caused me to run the phone over as it was fairly close to the tires; or I could get my windshield scraper out and pull it out that way, which would undoubtedly cause the phone to get scratched. I opted for the latter because I'd rather have a phone with scratches on it than a phone in tiny crunched up pieces. Though it didn't get as scraped up as I thought it would, there are two large scratches on the outer display. There are also more on the silver part of the front of it. Of course it couldn't have landed on the back of the phone...

I'm really kicking myself for it because before I even got the phone, I almost ordered a silicone skin covering for it on ebay. I decided not to because I wasn't sure how well it would work when the phone was open. If I'd just ordered it and had it on there, there would have been much less damage. I guess the screen still may have been messed up... Could have been worse though. I could have ran it over or I could have messed something up inside the phone and stopped it from working properly. When I get the Tour 2, I swear, I'm protecting that thing like Fort Knox.

Anyway, there's not much point to this thread. Just wanted to share. I kind of want to punch myself.
    Last edited by mojo pin; 02-01-10 at 03:32 PM.
    02-01-10 03:26 PM
    Lesson learned! First lesson you learn in high school! Wrap that Rascal! Protection is always the best thing to keepin you hardware clean and scratch free! PRATICE SAFE PHONE!
    02-01-10 04:04 PM
    Putting a BSE skin on the outer screen will greatly diminish those existing scratches, hopefully to the point where it won't pain you to see them underneath the skin.
    02-02-10 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD