From a newbie!

Loving the 8130 but can't see HTML! What do you guys recommend for readers to download? Do I have to spend $$ for this?

JF
    03-11-08 10:03 AM
    Empower email viewer and BBSmart are both very good. Try them all out to see what you like.

CrackBerry.com - Software and Accessories

On another note, is it worth getting an HTML viewer right now when there's rumors HTML email will be coming in the next OS release? Any word if this is confirmed or when this is coming?
    03-11-08 10:16 AM
    HTML won't likely be in the next OS release... now all that could change. It was supposed to be, but delayed, it seems, unless the next OS release to 4.5 gets delayed further, also.
    03-11-08 10:19 AM
    Hm, good to know. I guess i'll float the money for the cheapest software just to have something until we get it standard. Guess i'll go with the $10 empower software.
    03-11-08 10:24 AM
    I use the $10 Empower Std, and it works fine for me.
    03-11-08 10:27 AM
    Well I just went with the Empower Pro. Seems great so far.

Damn, I am spending way too much money on this freakin phone.

03-11-08 11:11 AM
    I got BBSmart free here on CB when I ordered a case for my 8130. I actually leave it off by default since I like the regular non-HTML view of most messages and only tell the BB to view the specific message in BBSmart if I explicitly click an option when viewing.

Here was the promo - http: //forums.crackberry.com/f2/today-only-bbsmart-email-viewer-free-15973/

It won't let me post a URL yet, even to its own forum.

I guess just good timing on my part
    03-11-08 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD