When I play videos on my BB Flip, it only plays regular view. How do I make it so that when I turn my phone sideways it will play widescreen? Thanks!
    11-23-08 01:32 AM
    You'll want to use Media Manager to copy and convert the video onto your Flip. Open Desktop Manager, click Media, and start Media Manager. This will bring up Roxio for BlackBerry. Click Manage Videos. In the bottom half, expand My Devices to BlackBerry 8220->Media Card->BlackBerry and click the Videos folder. Go back to the top half, find the video you want to copy, select it, and click Copy Down. In the option panel that comes up, checkmark "Convert for Optimal Playback" and click OK. Figure on 600MB per full-length film.
    I don't think anyone has figured out a widescreen solution for YouTube yet.
    12-11-08 10:01 PM
    So I'm still having problems getting videos to play widescreen. The videos I get come in .3gp format (from videos4blackberry.info) and when I load them on my BB using the Roxio for BB application, it gives me an error when I try to convert the file. I've tried random .mpg, .wmv, .3gp files and none of them want to convert. Am I just missing something?

Thanks!
    03-19-09 10:32 AM
    OK u guys here how u do it, it took me a while to crack this issue but i did.
    1st, whatever file u have u need to flip it 90 degrees, the only way i found to do this is a pain but windows movie maker can flip it by using a video effect.
    2nd: Apply 90 degree video effect.
    3rd: Save the file with default options windows gives for pc playback.

IMPORTANT, find AKME( Akme FFmpeg GUI 0.7.9 ) file converter. from AKME.org
    ---nice little piece of freeware
    - select input file, output will default.
    - select "MP4 - MPEG4 - Container" for output file.
    - enter 240x320 in video size field
    - click ENCODE, next to the play button(doesnt work i dont think)

a black code screen will pop up......WAIT FOR IT TO STOP AND ASK U TO PRESS A KEY.
    press the any key

everything else at defaults will/should make this work. you can play around with it to find higher qualities, but original avi file - wmv movie maker- akme transcode is the only thing i found so far that works, all other video converters, free, and otherwise, dont seem to work as well, files end up currupted.

i did this on a little netbook that could, so if u got a beefy desktop, it should be no prob

ps if any one finds anything quicker, please post.
    05-20-10 11:40 PM
    I've been using FormatFactory for a while. It has a lot of customization options, but it doesn't handle 1.33:1 fullscreen videos well.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f85/mov...rtcuts-259767/
    05-21-10 11:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD