HELP!
    I recently got sent a replacement Pearl 8120. I can't figure out how to transfer my contacts over without transferring them one by one. I called my carrier and they said it couldn't be done. I find this INFURIATING and ridiculous. Anyone have any tips?
    02-17-09 12:20 PM
    Have you tried to sync your new BB to your PC through the Desktop Manager? There's an option called "Switch Device" which will move everything from one device to another. I used it between my old 8120 and my current 8220 and it moved everything with no issues.
    02-17-09 12:32 PM
    My namesake upstairs says it all. Go Bob!!
    02-21-09 04:48 PM
    Use the DM as suggested. I had no problem when I switched from my Zire to my 8700 then to my 8120 it is a easy, just follow the onscreen directions. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 05:41 PM
    Jay hasn't come back that I can't see if it was figured out. You will need to connect them via Bluetooth. When you have them linked, in the BT screen, under Menu>Options, there is a setting to transfer your address book.

02-21-09 05:50 PM
    Ok, I'm trying to help a friend that has the same problem and she wants to transfer her address book via bluetooth between BBs. I've read some posts saying the same as you did, BergerKing, and I've tried those settings. But most importantly, how do you actually start the transfer??? I become completely blank after this.
    03-17-09 01:24 PM
    What you could do is install google app on your phone.
    If you have a google mail account if not open one. Run the googlesink and all your contacts will be stored in your googlemail account. You can then just sink your new phone to googlemail and bang all your contacts will be on your phone. It is also good as you have a backup of everything online.
    I have it on my phone.

03-18-09 07:36 AM
    Ok so how are you supposed to run googlesink and from where?
    03-19-09 02:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD