My pearl recovered from a fall into the sink full of water. Only problem is a slitely sticky track-ball(no biggy) and blown speaker. I can barely hear calls with the regular speaker even when on full volume, but if it is on speaker, I can hear fine. I don't like bluetoothes or talking on speaker, so how do I replace the speaker?
    05-13-08 09:50 PM
    Did you ever figure this out..?
    08-27-08 11:16 AM
    HAve a look at this Youtube vid It shows how to dismantle the case and get to the speaker which just presses out once the case is split.

The vid is about screen replacements but the speaker can clearly be seen as the case is split.

BlackBerry Repair Shop - A full line of RIM BlackBerry repair services and BlackBerry parts for all BlackBerry handheld devices can replace the speaker for you but I could not find a source for a mail order component.
    08-27-08 11:44 AM
    Ditto.... once you follow the instructions on how to dissasemble it and get the replcement parts it very easy, the speaker itself comes right out the frame, nothing to unscrew etc, you can do this easily yourself with out paying a kings ransom to a repair service or your local cell shop
    08-27-08 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD