I work as a reporter and am considering the 8220. I sometimes have to record phone calls for interviews and was wondering if any knew if there’s software that enables one to record phone calls and save them as a file in the phone? Also, does anyone know if there’s software that can enable one to use the voice memo to record much longer – say, for 40 minutes or so (provided I insert a lot more memory). It would make an ideal back up recorder, if possible.
    01-11-09 06:01 AM
    sorry..from what I know...there is no phone convo recording..

im not sure about the longer recording
    01-11-09 10:36 PM
    I'm on my phone now and its too slow to look up online, but I think I remember seeing a program that records phone calls (at a hefty price), but many developers are against that because you need to inform the caller they are being recorded. Not sure about voice memo's. I never use the voice memo so I'm not sure what the limit is or if it can save it to the mem card. Even if it could, I don't know if it's set up to receive data and stream it to your card to save it. That would cause you a problem.

I can do some looking and see about the call recording a little later.

Honestly though, I don't think this is a good phone for a reporter. I would recommend a touch screen wm6 device or a arperstr ofs like the dell axin series. Windows mobile 6 has everything and a half, and if it isn't out, ask a developer nicely to make it and he can make it in a week or so and have it run smoothly after about a month.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 08:22 PM
    many developers are against that because you need to inform the caller they are being recorded.
    that is a load of BS.....why do other developers create it for Palm, WinMo, etc? and most "non-smart" phones then?
    01-15-09 10:02 PM
    Have you tried putting it on speaker phone and recording from there?

01-19-09 04:25 AM
    Yes. That doesn't really work well.

It works, but its really crappy quality and generally a pain in the rear

01-19-09 06:01 AM
    I have been looking for a call recorder.. and find it funny at all the jail house lawyers running around on here thinking they know all the laws about recording calls.

Some states require both parties know & consent to a recorded call, while others require only 1 party know. Even better is the government recording calls.. where no one knows, or employers doing it. So, seriously.. I hope everyone quits quoting the law like they have a degree...
    06-22-10 05:45 AM
    Google voice is now open to everyone. Install on your blackberry and then set up your account. When in a call press 4 and Google voice will record the call and you can access the recording from any computer through you voice account. you must receive the call through your Google number that is the only catch that I have found.

Recording phone calls : Basics - Google Voice Help
    Last edited by stoneworrior; 06-26-10 at 05:13 PM.
    06-26-10 05:10 PM
    sounds illegal to me
    06-29-10 05:26 PM
    This is probably one of the worst blackberrys that are made. My cousin had one and i checked it out i was pretty disapointed. He wanted a new phone and eventually got the new blackberry curve from epicdraw.com
    He loves it now and couldnt be more happier, he says it doesnt even compare to this crappy flip phone, and i couldnt agree more
    06-30-10 04:56 PM
    so you came here just to post that you don't like the pearl/flip?

save it, buddy. and maybe grow up while you're at it.

no need to be a hater.

different strokes for different folks

it all depends on what you want to do with your phone, or what you want your phone to do for you

personally, I like the small size. everyone else I know has this elongated and/or bulky thing in their pockets, or they have to use the *****-looking belt holster.
    07-01-10 11:07 AM
    SimplyStealth.com just launched. You can record calls using WAP enabled device. Comes with a free 1 minute call.

Check it out @ simplystealth.com
    08-27-10 10:18 AM
    SimplyStealth.com just launched. You can record calls using WAP enabled device. Comes with a free 1 minute call.

Check it out @ simplystealth.com
    08-27-10 10:19 AM
    You can use Call Trunk to record a phone call for an unlimited time. Free for the first 25 minutes, $0.04 per minute thereafter. Easy and quick, cloud-based, keeps the call encrypted, saved and available forever. Contact me at ted@calltrunk. com for more information.
    03-30-11 11:36 AM
    I have a new bold 9900. I click on record and the light blinks, and I talk - and then press pause and stop. I try to send it, it says the file is empty. I try to open it - a couple of itmes it looked like I had saved something, but when I click on view voice notes it says media doesn't support it. Other times, I think I am recording - but it shows empty when I click on view voice notes. Any suggestions?
    09-18-11 01:14 AM
    everything you need to know concerning playing audio memos. Learn how to select a memo, play its content, use position markers, change the playback speed, set alerts and more. It seems that it's just a matter of finding software that will enable recording.
    03-13-12 05:22 AM
    Anyone know how to record a voice call while phoning on the Z10
    05-09-13 02:53 AM
    I have been recording now for over 47 minutes on my blackberry bold 9900 what you need to do is put in a micro sd card of about 16 Gig and set you phone to save to media after that when you start to record all you record will go to your micro sd card I have had continous recording for over an hour now
    10-11-13 07:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD