I'm waiting on a replacement phone because my phone keeps rebooting. It's worse than ever these last two days.

Every time on use the browser it crashes and I have to do a battery pull. I was looking at the memory and it says 6MB of RAM. Is that what is should be?
    11-06-09 04:27 PM
    I'm waiting on a replacement phone because my phone keeps rebooting. It's worse than ever these last two days.

Every time on use the browser it crashes and I have to do a battery pull. I was looking at the memory and it says 6MB of RAM. Is that what is should be?
    It should be MUCH MUCH higher then that. Make sure your applications are getting closed properly when you're done with them. Check out threads that others have posted about increasing memory. I have a Pearl 8130 with far less then the available memory that the Flip has, and the lowest I've seen mine at was 14. If it falls below 10 your handheld goes into preservation mode (so you don't loose contacts, calender, etc) and causes all sorts of stuff to happen.
    11-06-09 05:05 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I did read some articles on memory and have made sure I do what is suggested. It seems to sit at 6 or 7MB of RAM...not sure what's going on.
    11-07-09 02:09 PM
    Wow, that is the first time I've heard of Flip memory so low. After a fresh reboot, it should be in the 55-65MB range depending on what apps are installed. Mine has never gone below 40MB, though I always use QuickPull to reboot at that point.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-09 07:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD