what is the average data usage for this phone because i want the cheapest data plan just to check my email but was wondering if 5mb/month ($10) is enough. 5 mb is basically nothing when you're surfing the net or downloading files so i'll keep those to a minimun. will i be okay?
    01-01-08 09:22 PM
    I am averaging about 25mb per month. I get lots of mail, do a little accessing of the internet and I use Blackberry Messenger quite a lot.
    Even if it was only email I don't think the 5mb plan would be enough for my needs. If you don't get a lot of mail, or mail with attachments you might be okay. I'd still go with the unlimited plan just for the full capability of the service.
    01-01-08 10:38 PM
    I've used 30 megs in about 5 days.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-08 11:11 PM
    When I first got my blackberry pearl, I had to travel to do some training for work. In that 2 weeks away I used Google Maps quite frequently to find my way around. I used 30 MB that month. For the most part in the past for just normal usage with the odd new OTA download I used about 5 MB/month. More recently tho after adding a bunch of new apps (which have made my blackberry experience much better) I am averaging about 20MB/month. So it really comes down to what you plan to use it for.

Hope that helps.
    01-01-08 11:27 PM
    I've used 30 megs in about 5 days.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Holy crap, your thumbs must be about ready to fall off
    01-01-08 11:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD