I'm considering the 8230 for my next purchase and was wondering how long you can go without a charge? From what I have read it seems like BBs drain faster than most regular cell phones but that's understandable considering what they do.
    Also, has an extended battery been released for the 8230?
    06-30-09 11:20 AM
    fyi my 8220(wifi) might make it through the day...i charge briefly at home before leaving, charge it in the truck sometimes during the day, a little at night before bed.
    Battery life is not one of it's strong suits.
    06-30-09 02:43 PM
    Personally I pull my 8220 off the charger at 6AM; after 18 hours of use my battery is around 15%. I use just about every trick in the book to prolong battery life while still using my phone for tethering, browsing, FB, BBM, SMS, GPS (BT), and the occasional call. See the battery life tips & tricks link in my signature. Ultra-conservative use might give you 36 hours on a charge.

Yes there is an extended (literally) battery for the Flip, but it's huge and the corresponding battery cover makes the Flip look pregnant IMHO.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f85/ext...8220-a-236530/
    06-30-09 02:57 PM
    With a BB case that sends it into sleep mode, and, moderate use, 1.5 days is about the max. I typically charge overnight, and it MAY go 18 hours, but that's pushing it.
    06-30-09 03:31 PM
    Yea i agree i have gone a day & 1/2 max on one charge.
    06-30-09 03:34 PM
    Day and a half, if you are lucky 2 days. Depends on how much email you get.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-09 05:38 PM
    I get about a day on mine, but I'm always on my phone because I have it 3 weeks now.
    I have an extra battery and an additional one at the post office, so I'm going to get a battery charger for them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 09:21 AM
    I charge mine nightly, but typically, it'll be down from 5 bars to 3 at that point. I consider my usage moderate, but it's the same level of use that would easily kill my battery on my previous HTC6800 on many days.

Another thing I didn't notice is if the OP is on GSM or CDMA. The 8220 has WiFi, which the 8230 doesn't have. But the the 8230 has 3G (EV-DO, Rev 0), which the 8220 lacks. If on CDMA, and in a fringe area, that could cause the phone to flip between EV and 1x, which would affect battery life. I have solid EV in my area, so no flipping, although on a day trip to a 1x area, I noticed battery life wasn't as good as normal.
    07-01-09 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD