Short question:
    How do I determine the ESN for a Bell 9300 Curve 3G?
    I Don't Have The Original Box. (The employee that had the phone threw it out when we replaced her 9300 with a new one)
    I have looked under the battery and in device status.
    I do not need IMEI or PIN...just the 11 digit Electronic Serial Number.

Events leading up to now:
    I recently acquired a 9300 (that someone drove over in the park lot) from my workplace. I replaced the LCD, cover and bezel with parts ordered from CNN.CA, installed OS6 and everything works great.

The repaired 9300 is for my daughter, who has an older Bell Curve 8330 on a prepaid plan.
    When we log into her 'My Bell' online account there is a feature available to 'Change My Phone'.
    We are supposed to simply enter the Serial Number of the new phone and proceed to the next step.

From what I can tell there is no way to find the ESN on this device. If there is please tell me.

TIA
    05-06-11 05:44 PM
    Your daughter is on their CDMA network (8330 is a CDMA Curve) so she will need to get a SIM card from Bell. Call them or go into a store. You won't be able to do this without a SIM card.
    05-07-11 01:24 AM
    Turn the BlackBerry off and remove the battery.
    Look for the sticker on the device with the PIN information, where the battery is usually located.

But you might have a problem if you indeed did get a 9300.
    From my understanding, Bell Mobility is CDMA and the 9300 is the GSM variant of the Curve 3G.
    Last edited by californiablackberry; 05-07-11 at 01:55 AM.
    05-07-11 01:51 AM
    Your daughter is on their CDMA network (8330 is a CDMA Curve) so she will need to get a SIM card from Bell. Call them or go into a store. You won't be able to do this without a SIM card.
    We already have a Bell SIM card in the 9300.
    05-07-11 09:06 AM
    Turn the BlackBerry off and remove the battery.
    Look for the sticker on the device with the PIN information, where the battery is usually located.

But you might have a problem if you indeed did get a 9300.
    From my understanding, Bell Mobility is CDMA and the 9300 is the GSM variant of the Curve 3G.
    Apparently they don't use an ESN (on the sticker) even though that is what their website asks you for. They use the IMEI.

Bell Mobility is both. They have been switching over to GSM for newer phones for a while now.
    Last edited by pmccartney; 05-07-11 at 09:10 AM.
    05-07-11 09:08 AM
    I don't understand then. Call Bell because there is no ESN to activate on a GSM Blackberry or any phone for that matter. Call in and try and activate the SIM card (can NOT be a used one from before.)
    05-13-11 12:46 AM
    I should have posted an update sooner. We resolved the minor issue.

I found that if you enter the IMEI in the field Bell accepts it (even though they ask for ESN) and properly identifies the model of the new phone.
    Then you can enter the SIM#. If it's an active SIM you're finished. If it's a new SIM it will activate it (no charge) and then you are done (as per our case).

Bell's website wording needs to be updated. As it is, it will cause a little confusion for some.
    When doing a 'change phone', online, Bell asks only for an ESN regardless of the type of phone you are changing too (and then the SIM# if it recognizes the change is from a CDMA to GSM).
    05-13-11 10:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD