Hello,

I recently acquired a BB 8120 Pearl. I have pro and perso contacts.

My default configuration is to show my phone number during calls.
    How could I specify for an individual contact that right now I want to hide my phone number before calling him?

The idea is to have a way to copy/paste phone number and add #31# before calling it, or have a menu option such as 'Hide your number & Call xxxx'.

But I did not find a solution.

Any idea ?
    03-24-08 05:42 PM
    Why not just program them into your phonebook as #31pMOBILE#
    03-24-08 09:59 PM
    Because I do not want #31# permanently.

For example, I would like to choose if I hide my phone number or not before calling the contact.
    I would like to send a SMS too, which is not possible if #31# remains in phone number.
    03-25-08 01:52 AM
    You could save the 'regular' number as mobile, or whatever, and then save the number w/ #31# as the 'work' number?
    So that way if you want to SMS you select the work number, but if you want to call you select the mobile number? And that way, if you don't want your number blocked when you call that person you can just select the work number as well?
    03-25-08 04:37 AM
    yep i'd go with above.
    03-25-08 06:04 AM
    Only way I know of doing this is to go to your phone dialing screen (where you actually type the number to call), hit Menu > Options > General Options > then Restrict My Number. There is also another option in the same menu for hiding your name as well.

The only problem with this is that you have to change it back to original settings after your call or your number will stay hidden.
    04-15-08 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD