I've tried it before and I don't want to damange anything (I have a tendancy to do so) by pulling or pushing the wrong parts. I can't seem to see a clear way to pull it out.....I know this sounds pathetically stupid, but does anyone have a simple picture?
    07-03-08 07:47 PM
    There's a video here. It's for putting in a memory card, but shows the battery removal also.

Lecture 6: How to Install a Media Card into your BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    07-03-08 07:52 PM
    There's a video here. It's for putting in a memory card, but shows the battery removal also.

Lecture 6: How to Install a Media Card into your BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    That video really didn't show how to get the battery out of the pearl. There seems to me to be absolutely no place to grip the battery.
    07-05-08 10:12 PM
    On a pearl, after you pop the back off, push down on the top middle of the battery and pull the top out towards you, the bottom has the actual 3 pin contactor on it, you can see the connector with the battery in.
    It goes back in in reverse,(bottom first)
    GL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-08 10:35 PM
    For my Curve... I pull out gently from the top (the side opposite of the contacts!) And it comes out seamlessly...

07-05-08 10:42 PM
    I use the edge of the back cover to pop it out as I have no finger nails.
    07-05-08 10:55 PM
    Nice, if my fingernails are all broke I usually grab a pen, now I have a built in tool.

07-05-08 11:26 PM
    Nice, if my fingernails are all broke I usually grab a pen, now I have a built in tool.

I have to stop biting my finger nails.
    07-06-08 04:39 PM
    I'm not going to risk breaking a nail! I have a very small screwdriver that I gently lift it out with.
    07-06-08 07:45 PM
    This is EXACTLY what I do as well!!
    07-06-08 10:09 PM
    If the peral is like the 8820, I just pop the back cover off, and just slightly bang the back of the phone where the battery is exposed on my hand. Works every time.

07-06-08 10:16 PM
    bang the back of the phone where the battery is
    What?! OMG that's awful... you BANG ON YOUR BERRY?!?!

(Relax everyone, I'm kidding!!!!!)
    07-06-08 11:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD