I have had my 8220 for a few months now. The only thing I don't like about it is getting it open. I have not found an easy way to flip it open without having to use both hands. I can't find any spot where I can hook my thumb under the top to flip it open. I am curious if anyone has found an easy way to open their phone with one hand.
    11-21-09 07:07 PM
    Lol, I have the same problem, but I assumed it was my lack of dexterity. I find that I tend to just leave it open if I know I'm going to be texting someone back or using it again fairly quickly. I wonder if anyone opens theirs one handed?
    11-21-09 08:22 PM
    I just place my thumb right below the left or right convenience key, depending on which hand i'm using to open the phone, and flip it over.

but i do it only when the other hand of mine is occupied, cuz it feels like my finger nail is scratching the screen when i do it.
    11-21-09 08:31 PM
    I also use my thumb right below the convenience keys. One hand. I don't feel like I'm scratching the screen, but I have a case and a screen protector on mine.
    11-21-09 09:12 PM
    lol I don't think my left hand's ever touched the phone.
    Last edited by Blade_27; 11-22-09 at 09:36 AM.
    11-22-09 01:32 AM
    I do the same with my right hand, and yes I do have a zagg screen cover on mine. Seems to be the only one handed way to do it. Maybe someone could post a diagram or something! lol
    11-22-09 09:00 AM
    Two hands here, I rather not try and use one thumb and drop the phone (like I did with my sister's LOL).
    11-22-09 12:32 PM
    one hand with the thumb to open the phone.
    11-23-09 12:17 AM
    The one awesome feature I wish they would have installed on the 82xx's is the side push button to flip it open...

My old Nokia 6133 had a button on the side near the joint that would pop the device open. Very very useful feature...could easily open it up with a simple push of the thumb in one hand.
    11-23-09 01:38 AM
    I flip all flip phones open the same way. Hold it in my right hand and flip it open with my thumb. I've seen people opening them with two hands, which degrades the convenience factor.
    11-23-09 01:42 AM
    Middle finger above convenience key, index finger outstretched to catch the screen.

Do a forum search, there was a long thread about this same topic within the past year.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 12:02 PM
    Found it, here's the older thread with 99 ways to open a Flip one-handed.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f85/one...d-flip-281711/
    11-23-09 02:44 PM
    How do you prevent the phone from automatically displaying the most recent email when you open it?

I would like to open it to the home screen??

jr
    11-23-09 04:40 PM
    The one awesome feature I wish they would have installed on the 82xx's is the side push button to flip it open...

My old Nokia 6133 had a button on the side near the joint that would pop the device open. Very very useful feature...could easily open it up with a simple push of the thumb in one hand.
    The Nokia 6133 was my last phone as well.
    11-23-09 11:06 PM
    I flip it open with my left hand, just putting my thumb on the corner and pushing open. Funny thing is, I put in my password with my left hand and will scroll around with the left, but have to switch to my right to text.
    11-25-09 12:58 AM
    How do you prevent the phone from automatically displaying the most recent email when you open it?

I would like to open it to the home screen??

jr
    If u don't open it right away as an email or text arrives it won't display anything rather than the home screen. If i open it right away it displays the message what was just received.
    11-25-09 10:28 PM
    Thanks everyone. I never tried opening it with my left hand (because I am right handed). Seems easier now for me using just my left hand. Thanks!
    11-26-09 11:53 PM
    ima lefty so I open mine with my thumb at the bottom left corner. I really don't like to do it this way because it always pushes the top half of the phone (screen) to the right, which stresses the hinge. I really don't want my hinge to get any looser.
    11-27-09 01:41 AM
    I open my flip both ways, one handed or two. JUst depends on what I am doing, or just simply how I feel like opening it. I can open and close the thing with one hand, which is one reason I really like it. Its easy for me, but then again I have a leather case on it that makes it so anyone could easily do it that has a useful hand thats free. I tend to have incredible dexterity with my hands, opening most things that fold closed is fairly easy for me.
    11-27-09 05:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD