Hi guys; so I installed OS4.5 on my 8100 just fine, but I installed it on my son's and his turns on and off, boots endlessly, and works fine probably one out of every eight reboots. I plugged it into the Desktop Manager but couldn't find a way to restore the original OS4.2, but then again the Pearl kept shutting down before I could get it going. I'll try again when I get home, but is that how you revert to the original OS; by plugging it into the Desktop Manager and restoring the old apps? Or is there a different technique? Any advice would be great.. thanks everyone.
    07-02-08 04:04 PM
    delete os 4.5 from your pc, and when u start desktop manager again, plug in your bb and it will prompt you to downgrade or keep 4.5. choose downgrade and it will do it for you. took me an hour, and i had to restore after i downgraded to get back all my contacts

do a backup first if you can
    07-02-08 04:07 PM
    delete os 4.5 from your pc, and when u start desktop manager again, plug in your bb and it will prompt you to downgrade or keep 4.5. choose downgrade and it will do it for you. took me an hour, and i had to restore after i downgraded to get back all my contacts

do a backup first if you can
    Thanks for your help.. I'll do that this evening..
    07-02-08 04:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD