I need to know how to get my contacts in my address book and save them to my SIM card so I can transfer them to my new BB. How do you do that?
    10-05-08 11:27 PM
    Just use the switch device wizard in Desktop Manager or create a back up and restore to the new BB. You could lose information if you copy contacts to the SIM, plus you can only copy them one at a time.
    10-05-08 11:34 PM
    Just use the switch device wizard in Desktop Manager or create a back up and restore to the new BB. You could lose information if you copy contacts to the SIM, plus you can only copy them one at a time.
    How do I copy them to my sim one at a time? just out of curiosity?
    10-05-08 11:47 PM
    You have to view each contact, then press menu and select copy to sim.
    10-05-08 11:53 PM
    there must be an app where it does all of that automatically?
    in other words, if i want to switch my phone to a non-blackberry phone, i would need to copy all my contacts individually?
    Last edited by ev44; 10-13-08 at 09:35 PM.
    10-13-08 09:30 PM
    According to the BB help on phone the only way is individually copy each contact one at a time. Once you have contacts saved to sim then you can copy all at once to the phone. Sucks that they don't have it like the latter both ways

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-08 12:58 AM
    Individual copying is the only way. Even then it is pretty pointless since the SIM card only stores one name and one number per contact so there is no place to put addresses, multiple email addresses and several phone numbers.

As sunkast says, use the Switch Device Wizard withing Desktop Manager.
    10-14-08 01:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD