How do I stop the backlight/screen from going black? I clicked turn off backlight but it still shuts off?
    05-14-10 12:38 AM
    Its been a while since I had an 8100, but if you clicked backlight off you turned your backlight function off. That needs to be on and set for the highest anount of time possible.
    05-14-10 06:10 AM
    How do I stop the backlight/screen from going black?
    If you mean that you want the screen to stay on permanently, I don't think that's possible. All BBs turn the screen off eventually. With the 8100 (and probably all BBs), 2 minutes is the longest setting.

If the screen stayed on forever, battery life might only be several hours for these old Pearls. And guess what? Your screen would still go out when the battery dies.

Newer BBs have a bedside mode which I think displays the time (and keeps the screen on), but the batteries are better too. But, I don't know that much about those.

I clicked turn off backlight but it still shuts off?
    There is no way to "turn off backlight". That would make the phone unusable - how could you see what you're doing? What you can turn off is the dimming function and I guessing is what you meant. That is the ability for the screen to get bright under bright ambient light (like being outside) and dim down up to about 2 steps lower when it gets darker. But the dimming function has nothing to do with the screen turning completely off.
    Last edited by joeldf; 05-14-10 at 08:46 AM.
    05-14-10 08:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD