I bought it off ebay, and i upload music onto it and it gives me the "unable to read so, so, and so. Can you help me out please.
    07-06-08 05:20 PM
    Welcome to CB. Could you please elaborate on the issue you are experience?
    07-06-08 05:29 PM
    I installed music on my pearl. And it gave me the unable to display file error. I want to know how to uninstall, and reinstall the OS on my pearl via the desktop manager.
    07-06-08 05:39 PM
    Your terminology is very confusing. You don't install music.... Generally you load or add. Also I need you to tell me how you arrived at the error message and exactly what the error message says. Also are you putting the music onto a media card or are you loading it onto the device memory? Where did you get the music from? I think you are getting ahead of yourself asking how to reinstall the OS on your phone. Have you tried deleting the music first? And please answer all of my questions.
    07-06-08 05:45 PM
    Ok... forget the music portion of my question. It did this before I did anything to it. The phone wont play any preloaded media(ringtones, pictures, ect.) I know I need to reinstall the OS to make it work again. Can you please just tell me how to uninstall, and reinstall the operation system. The version currently on it is v4.2.0.73(platform 2.2.0.4)
    07-06-08 05:52 PM
    Ahh now see, the way you were explaining it, I thought that you had put music onto your phone and then wouldn't play. I didn't know this was an existing problem from the moment you got the phone.

Assuming that you already have Desktop manager installed, go to your carrier's web site and download the latest OS for your model. It is important that you only get the version that is made for your model. If the latest version is newer than what you have on your phone, simply install the OS onto your PC, connect your phone, and open App Loader. That should start the upgrade process.

If it is the same version, I would recommend following the instructions at the link below to completely wipe the OS from the phone. Then just connect your phone and run app loader.

How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ
    07-06-08 06:01 PM
    On the blackberry website, they dont have the OS for the 8100 just the 8100(c). Will this still work? Its a red pearl 8100
    07-06-08 06:20 PM
    Oh it is the AT&T version
    07-06-08 06:29 PM
    yes, the 8100 for AT&T is actually called the 8100c. The "c" is for cingular, which is what AT&T used to be called when they got the Pearl. The 8100c OS is the right one
    07-08-08 12:30 AM
    If you have a Pearl from T-Mobile can you install the software from another provider just to have a different look and it still work properly?
    09-22-08 10:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD