ok, can't search too much b/c we are traveling and accessing via the phones but wife's pearl will not stay turned off. If I hit the red button for 2-3secs it says it is powering off and it appears to do so. but if the ref button is hit again , it is like instant on. only solution we have found is a battery pull. not really all that practicalto do when getting on/off planes. how can i power off the pearl in such a way so that we can safely put the phone away and not have to worry it is still on when we go to pulll it out again 4-5hrs later?

thank you. again sorry if this has beeen answered toss me the link but i'm doing this all from the phone as we are currently away and couldn't get the search to produce anything quickly.

shawn
    08-05-09 09:41 PM
    On the screen with all the other apps there should be an on/off icon click it and chose the full power down button. Let me know if this works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

You may have too chose the show all option to make it come up.
    Last edited by DaBear5; 08-05-09 at 09:51 PM.
    08-05-09 09:48 PM
    i choose power-off (there is no full powerdown option) and it behaves the same as i described above
    08-05-09 10:00 PM
    When you select the turn power off icon what happens?
    Is there a sign that pops up asking anything or does it immeditaly power down?
    08-05-09 10:13 PM
    I would just put in in standby that way it will save your battery and lock it. The power of will do just that and power the device off however the red button is the power button and only needs to be pushed once for it to turn back on, as you are experiencing.
    08-05-09 10:27 PM
    Ya I was just about to say the samething. Or you could get a case of some sort.
    08-05-09 10:32 PM
    so standby is plane safe? and allows decent battery?
    08-06-09 10:12 AM
    Standby leaves the cell radio active, it will ring if it gets a signal. That not likely to be a problem in an Aircraft, but a no-no in a theater. In any case, it does not meet the Air Carriers rules for radio emissions.

You have a couple simple options. There is native Power Off application. When you choose Full Power Off, the red end call key will turn it back on.

If you want to continue to use the PDA or entertainment function, turn off the Mobile Network connection with:

Connections / Mobile Network, deselect.

08-06-09 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD