Hello Blackberry folk. I have a pearl, but no memory card yet. I am well aware that you can't read/put .docs on your Blackberry pearl, but I was under the impression that I could put .txt files on there and read it through the MemoPad. Is this incorrect?
    I set up all my blackberry software, but when I went to transfer, the only two folders I could transfer files to were "pictures" and "ringtones". I tried creating a folder, but I couldn't find it on my phone. I tried putting the .txt file in the picture folder, but it wouldn't show up either. How do I view .txt files through my MemoPad application? Thanks a lot guys.
    06-19-07 01:31 AM
    Yes, text.txt files file work like a charm.

Connect the BlackBerry to your PC, you'll get a message on the BlackBerry, "do you want to enable mass storage", select yes. Now, double click on My Computer, you'll see the new drive, E probably.

Double click on that drive, E, and now you can copy and paste at will...

ps: create a new folder on the memory card, called something like 'documents'. That's what I did...
    06-19-07 04:56 AM
    Does anyone know if the 8830 can read text files?

I read the thread you mention that you can read text files the the memopad feature. but I don't see how to open files on the SD memory.
    06-19-07 01:26 PM
    Great info guys...I was wondering if I can copy & paste from a txt file and add to an email message as kind of a template email responder? Thanks for any suggestions from a crack newbie
    06-23-07 02:24 AM
    I have been trying to open plain text files on my blackberry forever. Can someone please tell me how to open them from the memory card?

I have an AT&T 8820 and cannot get memopad to see any text files on the memory card.

Thanks
    04-09-08 05:36 PM
    Go to Media > Press menu > choose explore. From there navigate to where you have the text files and open them.
    04-09-08 05:37 PM
    Thanks, but that doesn't work. I did try it. I get solid black where the text should be and can only see it one letter at a time when I highlight it.

In case it is relevant, BB Version is 4.2.2.169
    04-09-08 05:59 PM
    I think that this thread (forums.crackberry.com/f61/read-txt-files-8830-a-6075/) is what was my problem. I upgraded the OS to the latest version and now I can view text files. (I don't have enough posts to post the link.)

Thank you for your help!!!
    04-09-08 07:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD