I had to install the policy.bin file, and now BT synch does not work. According to RIM, "If the BlackBerry smartphone has an IT Policy that has removed the desktop connectivity service (located in Bluetooth Options), the BlackBerry smartphone will be able to pair, but will not be located by the BlackBerry Desktop Manager."

So I need to add BACK the deskton connectivity service. There does not seem to be a way to add an option to bluetooth, how do I do that?????
    08-01-08 01:10 PM
    May I ask why you installed an IT policy?
    08-01-08 01:15 PM
    Sure, but will that - or you - help me?

Some phones come preloaded with an IT policy that limits their use.

There is a thread by naviwilliams explaining why people need to do that. I'm a newbie so I can't post the URL.
    08-01-08 04:06 PM
    You are gonna make this more difficult by not answering questions. I was trying to understand what you were doing with installing an IT policy in the first place. If it was a work phone or what. If it is a work owned phone, then there is nothing you can do.
    Last edited by sunkast; 08-01-08 at 04:45 PM.
    08-01-08 04:41 PM
    not a work-owned phone. It was a refurb bought from a reseller that was originally t-mobile. t-mobile apparently had some restrictive IT policies and that's why I had to remove them.
    08-02-08 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD