I've had a Blackberry Pearl for a while (8130) but haven't used any online features, because I already had a plan when I bought the phone, and I just activated on my old plan.
    Eventually I got a bill, with big charges because apparentely the phone updates itself online whether you have the browser or not, at least according the Alltell/ Verizon representative.
    Now, on their advice, I've upgraded to the SmartPhone Plan, and I need some help.
    1. Does this plan even allow me to use a browser on my Pearl
    2. If yes, how do I find it? I checked the Browser configuration under Advanced Optons, and it is blank.
    07-02-09 02:13 PM
    Go to your Host Routing Table under Settings and Register your Unit.
    07-02-09 02:17 PM
    Is that it? It just said it sent a message, and that was it.
    07-02-09 02:29 PM
    as long as your blackberry data plan is provisioned correctly yes, you should be able to register in the HRT and your browser should appear almost instantly.
    07-02-09 04:05 PM
    So if nothing happens, that would imply something is not right with the plan I currently have, correct?
    07-02-09 04:30 PM
    If you did not want to use any data transfer, you could simply go to Manage Connections > Mobile Network Options > Data Services Off. With that setting, no data will ever be transferred.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-09 05:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD