I downloaded the 4.5 OS on my 8120, but would also like to download the device software to my computer so that I can remove apps like Push to Talk that I don't use. However, when I go to RIM's site to download the 8120 device software to my laptop, it only offers v4.3?
    12-19-08 07:50 AM
    Are you talking about desktop manager? If so, I just downloaded v4.7. I thought the latest was 4.5, but I guess I was wrong. When I dowloaded it I did not select my phone (8110). But since its not actually for the BB its ok.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-08 07:59 AM
    Are you talking about desktop manager? If so, I just downloaded v4.7. I thought the latest was 4.5, but I guess I was wrong. When I dowloaded it I did not select my phone (8110). But since its not actually for the BB its ok.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    No, I'm not talking about the desktop manager. You can download the device software that is on the phone to the computer too, so that you can remove files using your windows explorer (locating the files/apps you want to delete), and then sync that with application loader from your desktop so that when you connect your phone to desktop manager, you can delete those files/apps on your phone too. This is something you can't do on the phone itself because you won't be able to isolate stuff like Push to Talk to delete from your phone.

I did this when I was running 4.3, but now that I'm on 4.5, I guess they haven't updated that item yet on RIM's website yet. Oh well...
    12-19-08 08:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD