Hi everyone,

I'm changing networks tomorrow but keeping the same number. How do I check to see if my contacts are saved to my phone please? (i've been told i have to do this or my contacts will be lost), does anyone know what i have to do please as i can't find it, Thanks
    09-23-09 09:18 AM
    If you are on gsm network its saved to a sim card if you are on cdma network they are saved to the phone .. Basically if you have a sim card in your phone then there's your answer

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-09 10:06 AM
    Thanks, Is there anyway of saving them to the phone or my pc? sorry clueless! lol
    09-23-09 10:09 AM
    Yes there is through desktop manager do a backup and when you get the new BB do a restore and put your BB's backup on the new one

09-23-09 11:52 AM
    If you are on gsm network its saved to a sim card if you are on cdma network they are saved to the phone .. Basically if you have a sim card in your phone then there's your answer

Uh no this just is not true. Your contacts on a BB are saved by default to your phone.
    09-23-09 12:35 PM
    Uh no this just is not true. Your contacts on a BB are saved by default to your phone.
    Umm no that's not true by default they always save to your sim card I worked for sim card company and now cdma company.. You have to actually go through and select to save to phone if the option is available..

09-23-09 12:47 PM
    I've had the same SIM card for 8 years, and by default it has never saved my contacts. Every time I've put it in a new phone, I have to reenter/import my contacts. Sorry, but it does not automatically save the contacts to the SIM.
    09-25-09 01:05 PM
    I've had the same SIM card for 8 years, and by default it has never saved my contacts. Every time I've put it in a new phone, I have to reenter/import my contacts. Sorry, but it does not automatically save the contacts to the SIM.
    I don't know how its not cause its always suppose to by default all Rogers phones do it automatically other people have said this about American phones I'm not sure why it wouldn't for you

09-25-09 02:47 PM
    I don't know how its not cause its always suppose to by default all Rogers phones do it automatically other people have said this about American phones I'm not sure why it wouldn't for you

I wish I knew, because it is super frustrating to not have them be transferable. I've looked and looked for a way to change a setting and I've never been able to figure it out. Maybe it's just a T-Mobile thing because my husband's SIM doesn't keep the contacts, either.
    09-25-09 08:55 PM
    I wish I knew, because it is super frustrating to not have them be transferable. I've looked and looked for a way to change a setting and I've never been able to figure it out. Maybe it's just a T-Mobile thing because my husband's SIM doesn't keep the contacts, either.
    thats so weird, i know here in canada all of rogers sim cards store there contacts.
    09-25-09 10:51 PM
    That is weird. I don't have a gsm phone but my sons do. And they always brag about being able to just swap sims into another phone and tada pictures contacts and everything is on the new phone.

09-26-09 11:55 AM
    ^ cause that's the way its suppose to go saved to sim move from phone to phone with contacts on the sim card

09-26-09 12:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD