Ok i would like to change the theme on my blackberry 8220 flip.
    Ive downloaded and put to my memory card.
    Im no expert so can some one simplify it as ive never changed a theme before.
    On my memory card where do i put the apps

How do i actually install the theme

any help appreciated i put the apps on my memory card cant even find them .
    08-11-09 03:29 PM
    Hit the menu button the one on the left below the green send key, go to options and scroll down to themes.

On my memory card where do i put the apps
    Load the Desktop Mgr and plug the phone into your PC, you can explore the files on the memory card and put them anywhere you want music, videos etc...

Desktop Mgr will back up save load OS transfer music and convert videos using Roxio etc...
    08-11-09 04:20 PM
    Themes don't get installed on your mem card. They are apps and get directly installed on the device. You cannot change their location.
    Also make sure when you download themes you download themes specific to your device or they won't work.
    08-11-09 06:20 PM
    Hi sorry to sound a total numpty ,
    im completly lost with all this.Ive googled the internet .Im completly new with the blackberry.
    I have connected it to my wifi but can use internet in my home as i dont have internet outside.
    Sorry to be a complete pain.
    How or what files do i need to download and to where to change theme and how do i actually do it ?

Ive just found a disc in my blackberry box "blackberry user tools" and a cable.I take it i install this disc on my computer ??
    Last edited by fountainpen; 08-12-09 at 05:33 AM.
    08-12-09 04:23 AM
    Ok tried for the last hour to install the "blackberry use tools disc" - will not install !!
    I have never had so much hassle with a phone !
    I have windows xp is this conflicting or something ??
    Is there anyone who can help ???
    08-12-09 05:34 AM
    Ok tried for the last hour to install the "blackberry use tools disc" - will not install !!
    I have never had so much hassle with a phone !
    I have windows xp is this conflicting or something ??
    Is there anyone who can help ???
    If you can't install the Desktop Mgr by CD then try a direct dl link from RIM, I'm using XP sp3 and my disc loaded fine.
    08-12-09 06:49 AM
    Hi , downloaded the desktop manager from internet- disc must be faulty ??
    I remeber had the same prob with the LG viewty pc suite disc instalation ( along with many others ).
    Anyway managed to get software.
    Ive messed about and can manage some themes but only ZIP (cant do OTA files at all ).
    so if anyone can give me links to Zip themes for the 8220 i would be grateful
    Last edited by fountainpen; 08-12-09 at 08:07 AM. Reason: mistakes
    08-12-09 08:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD