Hi, I have the BB pearl 8130 and would like to know how to change the colour of the trackball. Does anyone know in detail how to change it?

Thank you
    11-24-08 08:56 AM
    Just search YouTube, lots of how-to videos there.
    11-24-08 09:02 AM
    Sorry its only available for the 8100, as which it has the colored LEDS.

Some have resorted to putting a small piece of colored plastic covering the LED under the trackball on other BB's without the colored LEDS.
    11-24-08 09:03 AM
    Sorry its only available for the 8100, as which it has the colored LEDS.

Some have resorted to putting a small piece of colored plastic covering the LED under the trackball on other BB's without the colored LEDS.
    You can change the color of the trackball, but it requires disassembly of the trackball and physically coloring the LED that lights it. As I said, lots of how-to videos on YouTube.
    11-24-08 09:09 AM
    Instead of colouring the led, colour a small piece of paper the desired colour. Remove the trackball, and put the paper over the led. Be sure to make it small enough to just cover the led, or you will feel a difference under the trackball when you click on it. Taking the trackball out is not difficult, there are many posts describing the process, as well as videos on youtube. Hope that helps you out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 10:24 AM
    Ok, thanks everyone. Big help!!!
    11-25-08 12:58 PM
    Instead of colouring the led, colour a small piece of paper the desired colour. Remove the trackball, and put the paper over the led. Be sure to make it small enough to just cover the led, or you will feel a difference under the trackball when you click on it. Taking the trackball out is not difficult, there are many posts describing the process, as well as videos on youtube. Hope that helps you out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I tried that myself, but the paper doesn't allow enough light to flow to the trackball. I also do not want to color the light because it voids the warranty of the phone.
    11-25-08 04:56 PM
    I tried that myself, but the paper doesn't allow enough light to flow to the trackball. I also do not want to color the light because it voids the warranty of the phone.
    i used thin paper, it worked out ok for me, i also didn't want to colour the led for that reason.
    11-27-08 10:28 PM
    Change the color on the 8110? I downloaded a couple trial programs from here that were supposed to but neither one did.
    11-29-08 04:33 PM
    Heres what worked for me.

I used a tiny piece if scotch tape and colored one side(the side without the glue of course, lol).

I then just placed it glue side down on the light. Works like a charm and won't move since there is a little stickiness to it.
    11-30-08 06:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD