i was wondering if anyone can tell me how to go about assigning a different ringtone for my wife when she calls and to other family. also can i assign a picture to the caller?
    09-08-09 11:34 PM
    i was wondering if anyone can tell me how to go about assigning a different ringtone for my wife when she calls and to other family. also can i assign a picture to the caller?
    You should be able to simply go to your address book entry for your wife, etc then select menu>edit. Once you bring the profile up again select menu>add custom ring tone/add picture nd you can browse for the pic and also the ringtone selection9s) on your phone. Hope this helps...
    09-08-09 11:50 PM
    it sure did help!! thanks so much
    09-09-09 01:36 AM
    I'm having the same problem assigning ringtones. I've edited them from the address book, saved them, but the ringtone always goes to the default. Am I missing a step? or two? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    09-19-09 02:38 PM
    When you open your profiles up, and scroll down to advanced, click on that then at the bottom should be all the personalized ringtones, with check boxes next to each. Make sure they're checked.

The Keeper of Useless Knowledge

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-09 10:58 PM
    Yes, they are checked. I took it to the T-Mobile store yesterday and they can't figure it out either. They advised me to call T-Mobile help line and they would get me through to Blackberry techs. Guess that's the next step? Thanks.
    09-20-09 09:30 AM
    I have been able to assign a ringtone for my incoming calls and to my personal contacts, but I don't see how to assign a tone for my text messages. Help!
    10-25-09 09:55 PM
    I'm having no problem with contacts or the phone, but I can't figure out how to assign a tone to my incoming texts. Any ideas people?
    10-25-09 09:59 PM
    It's in the same place, and highlighted here:

I find it hard to believe someone can find CrackBerry using Google,
    yet couldn't find their "heat seeking moisture missile" in a speedo once they get here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-09 10:01 PM
    I'm having the same problem assigning ringtones. I've edited them from the address book, saved them, but the ringtone always goes to the default. Am I missing a step? or two? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    When you click on Profiles > Advanced ... you need to scroll down to Use Active Profile Except for:
    Then click Menu... Then click Add New Exception. > Add the name of the person you want to assign a special ringtone for... click Save.
    10-25-09 10:02 PM
    Okay, Storm geniuses, I had my individual ringtones all set up the way I wanted. That was yesterday. Life was good. Today, all my ringtones are the same. If I try to re-assign an individual ringtone, and I hit "save", I get a new message that says "Set ringtone to <whichever song> for which profile? (All other settings will be saved for normal profile only)" But the kicker is, no matter which option I choose, ALL my ringtones change to that tune. Maddening.
    10-31-09 10:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD