I'm trying to change the sound that notifies me when I receive a text message. Any suggestions?
    06-19-08 08:30 PM
    profiles>advanced> choose the profile>then the menu key>edit> SMS text
    06-19-08 08:36 PM
    You can download cool ringers (sounds) on this website, save them to your device, and then assign them to your SMS message.
    06-19-08 08:40 PM
    profile=advanced=select the blackberry button=click new profile or edit=then scroll to sms text
    06-19-08 08:45 PM
    If you choose an actual song make sure it's one that you wanna hear over and over and over and over again lol
    06-19-08 08:46 PM
    HERE IS ONE OF MY POSTS!!!
    Setting individual ring tones for calls, txts, bb msg, email

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok sorry if this gets a little long, but I just figured out how to set my BB 8130 pearl 2 to have not only the calls, but txts to a certain ringtone for a contact. First of all I general only use the loud or vibrate profile on my phone and toggle between the two when needed with the shortcut (hold # key) which you have to hold until the screen says the profile has been changed, and it takes a second longer to turn off vibrate then to turn it on. Anyway if you have a contacts to have a certain ringtone for txts and calls you can.

For example if you want John Doe to use ringer_bbpro_1 then this is what you do;

profiles>advanced>menu select new profile

name the new profile John Doe.

then go back to your active profile (i use loud) hit menu select new exception, name it John Doe also, then scroll down to the From: field and press menu, add name scroll thur your address book to john doe and select it. Then scroll down to the Use Profile: field and change that to the John Doe profile, scroll down and check the box beside Custom Phone Tune then change that to ringer_bbpro_1.

Hope this works for everyone as easily as it did for me. Again I have Alltel and am using Sprint's new 4.3.0.127 OS with platform 3.1.0.73 and the Pearl 2 (8130).

Jason
    06-20-08 08:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD