the hourglass icon on my pearl 8100 is going all the time and is slowing down all the functions on my phone - it's driving me crazy! I tried taking out the battery (the only way i know how to fix anything) and it didn't work. any suggestions?
    thanks.
    06-08-09 07:24 PM
    you are probably running to many apps at once and your bb is getting low on memory. try and battery pull and clearing your logs out.
    06-09-09 09:37 AM
    You also need to enable memory cleaning on the Pearl: Options--->Security Options--->Memory Cleaning---> Enable---> Make sure the time is set for every hour
    06-09-09 09:40 AM
    Do a search on "increase free memory". Also, do you have facebook on there? That's been known to cause issues like this. I think others have said uninstalling it and reinstalling it helps. don't use it myself so I can't tell you for sure.
    06-09-09 09:41 AM
    Have been having this problem for a while. Enabled memory cleaning and it seems to be better. If it starts again I'll axe FaceBook! Let ya know if that is necessary. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 02:34 AM
    You also need to enable memory cleaning on the Pearl: Options--->Security Options--->Memory Cleaning---> Enable---> Make sure the time is set for every hour
    new to me, thanks!
    08-13-09 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD