Hello everybody, I signed up for the hotspot@home a couple of days ago and just have a question about my browser options. On the general properties screen, for the default browser it now has a hotspot browser selection. Does this mean that when at home on my wireless router, or somewhere else on the wi-fi, I have to change it to hotspot browser and then when I'm back on the cell signal I have to change it back to internet browser? I turn the mobile network off using the manage connections whenever I'm on the wi-fi and the internet browser setting seems to work fine while on wi-fi. Do I actually need to change the browser to hotspot browser? Thanks in advance...
    08-25-09 12:22 PM
    Never mind everybody I found the answer I was looking for, thanks anyway....
    08-28-09 08:19 AM
    I am glad you found your answer, but I will deal with this question so that future viewers will have an answer too.

T-Mobile USA supports Unlicensed Mobile Access (UMA). When UMA is active, all of your voice and data will use the Wifi connection when available, or fall back to the EDGE connection when required.

If your default Browser is set to Internet Browser, you will benifit from the ability to use UMA correctly.

If your default is Hotspot Browser, it will only work when you have a Wifi connection and fail when EDGE is required.

Hotspot@Home (or TalkSpot with Rogers) is a promotional billing program that provides unlimited national calling when the call originates through UMA.
    08-28-09 09:51 AM
    Thank you, Reed. That's why I was confused because when I had the browser set to internet browser while on wi-fi everything seemed to work correctly, but the T-mobile rep told me that I need to switch it to hotspot browser anyway, and I read somewhere on crackberry about how to set up wi-fi correctly that I would need to switch the setting to hotspot browser also, but as I said it works just fine when the setting is internet browser while on wi-fi, so I'm just going to do as you said and leave it set to internet browser and be done with it... Thanks again...
    08-28-09 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD